Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

plans/dwgs for the old Sterling beginner series

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

plans/dwgs for the old Sterling beginner series

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 03:02 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plans/dwgs for the old Sterling beginner series

Hi folks......

Was digging through some "old" stuff, including a big box of baby bee engines (et al).

Thought came to mind I might toss together a handful of profiles to let my kids and some others in the neighborhood have a crack at flying CL a bit.

Id prefer to put together profile/flat wings.

Anyone have or know of a souce for drawings for the old Sterling beginner series?
Yes, I can go the Sig route too, and I think Brodak has some. But I also have a big pile of balsa that needs a purpose

Bob
Old 08-05-2009, 04:24 PM
davred

Default RE: plans/dwgs for the old Sterling beginner series

If you have no luck try this guy. He has plans for most of the Kiel Kraft, Veron, murcury, and other old kits.
The Scout is one I remember with profile fuse and sheet wings.

[email protected]
Old 08-05-2009, 04:32 PM
BtnFlyGuy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Bob!
Welcome back to getting dizzy and the whine of .049's. Like you, I'm starting back at it after quite a layoff (nearly 30 years), but I've been busy on Ebay collecting the noisy bits. As to plans, I am *not* going to spend $30 for a Goldberg Lil Jumpin' Bean that I bought in '73 for $12.
If you are ging to start with flat wing profiles, I'd suggest that you cruise the web, find a 3-view of a subject with fairly straight lines and pleasing to the eye with decent wing area. Take it to Kinkos or, if you have access to a copier that enlarges, do it yourself until you have something in the 22" span. My choice for a return project is a North American T-28 Trojan which I want to develop from .049 all the way up to .35 and possibly a carrier version which I have never tried as a U/C class to fool around with.
By the way, if you are going to keep up with this return to the hobby, you will find a small bandsaw invaluable!
Good luck!
Troy
[email protected]
Old 08-05-2009, 05:04 PM
NEW222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, we'll try uploading here for everyone. forgot to mention, these are true scale, and printed at 100% on letter size paper. Fin-rudder angle is actual angle too. The kit came with a plastic motor mount, so that would have to be replaced with a built up one, or a plastic one should you have.

NEW222
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Pn37419.pdf (23.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: pdf
Lg17869.pdf (34.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-06-2009, 02:57 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: NEW222

well, we'll try uploading here for everyone. forgot to mention, these are true scale, and printed at 100% on letter size paper. Fin-rudder angle is actual angle too. The kit came with a plastic motor mount, so that would have to be replaced with a built up one, or a plastic one should you have.

NEW222
Thanks!

Should get me started

I have a few of the older sterling metal engine mounts, and I think one of the nylon ones as well.

I appreciate the other feedback too. Amazing when ya start getting older how much that nostalgia stuff kicks in

Bob
Old 08-08-2009, 03:38 PM
davred

I use Serifs "page plus" (the free version) to enlarge plans and print on multiple sheets. You just have to stick the sheets together, and get copied onto 1 sheet. The printed sheets can then be cut up for templates.