Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Fox Stunt Plug

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:28 AM
controlliner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fox Stunt Plug

Has anyone tried the new Fox Stunt plug? It is supposed to take away the Fox burp on the .35 stunt.

http://www.foxmanufacturing.com/inde...95bde367042746
Old 07-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fox Stunt Plug

ORIGINAL: controlliner

Has anyone tried the new Fox Stunt plug? It is supposed to take away the Fox burp on the .35 stunt.

http://www.foxmanufacturing.com/inde...95bde367042746
I've never experienced burping with Foxes on profile mounts, but I have been running the same old 50s - 60s Fox 35s I've always flown for sport, plus one old Fox 29 that Marvin (Big Iron) gave me a few years ago, and they must predate a change that affects newer ones. However, I will say that the deep-bodied fuel tanks that Gil Henry redesigned from a Chicken Hopper of George's never worked for me with Fox 35s, McCoys, or the OSMax-S 35s. With one of those, I always get all sorts of fuel feeding problems to the old cross-flow iron stunt motors.

I buy a card of Thunderbolt plugs every so often, and use those in the old Foxes (or Max-S 35s, my last McCoy has a broken lug)), when I want to hear a four-cycle sound again. (And I often wish I had something left over that was slightly larger, without being "too large", to get out an old G21/46 and run it. Those really had a very sweet sound, unmuffled, four-cycling.)

Old 07-21-2010, 01:27 PM
F.Imbriaco
My Feedback: (56)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought a card of them this year at the WRAM Show. I'm using one in a Fox 35/ Nobler, inverted mount. The "burp" ,as most will tell you, usually doesn't happen in this arrangement. The plug has been used with up to 10% nitro and the longgevity seems good.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:12 PM
cutaway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been running Fireball hot plugs in most stuff lately with few problems, but only because I got several cheap a few years ago. For the engines that run OK with a 75/25 FAI mix they work well (ST G21-46 and OS FP .35's I have seem very happy with the 75/25 FAI/Fireball hot combo)

I had been running Fox standard longs in the stunt .35's previously but on a low 5-7% nitro mix the Fireball hot's seem better. I've had good results with the Sig R/C long plug in the stunt .35 in the past too.