Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Cap232 Recover / Need Graphics

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Hangar 9 Cap232 Recover / Need Graphics

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 01:09 PM
ZachB10
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 Cap232 Recover / Need Graphics

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I just obtained a Hangar 9 Cap232 120. It's a bit rough, and I plan to recover it and refurbish it in a few areas.

I need to patch the cowl, and paint it. I don't see any new cowls available for it anywhere, so does anyone have ideas on how to patch holes that have previously been cut in it? I will be using either a gas engine or Saito 180 4 stroke, so I will need to make new holes in different areas, and it will start to look like swiss cheese. I'm thinking maybe put some fiberglass strips under the holes on the inside, then fill and sand - would that work?

Graphics: I'd like to do a graphics package on the plane. Not what Hangar 9 did originally, but I'm thinking about something along these lines, maybe white on the bottom, blue on the top, with the paint drip covering it.

https://www.bandegraphix.com/rc-grap...asp?package=13

Any other good RC Graphics companies out there? Ideas? I want the plane to look nice, but different
Old 10-03-2010, 07:12 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Cap232 Recover / Need Graphics

here are a few scale schemes to choose from
http://www.grafix4planes.com/cap.html

good luck
Old 10-03-2010, 10:38 PM
ZachB10

Thanks - I'm not really looking for a scale theme on this one though. Good resource though. I will likely put a few logos on there (Aeroshell, Cap 232, etc.) but otherwise I'm looking for something unique and / or different It's currently in the Matt Chapman blue theme.

Just picked up an Evolution 35GT2 gasser to put in it. Going to run a Xoar 18x8. Should make it peppy.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:22 PM
ZachB10

Got the Evolution 35GT/2 in this weekend. Got it fitted on the plane, looks like it will work nicely and balance it properly.
Started stripping back the wing. I'm surprised the plane didn't fall apart in the air. Ribs were falling out - held in by the covering, cracks everywhere. I got the plane used obviously and didn't check the wing servos as they were hidden by covering. One fell out - no screws were holding it in - they were there, but had popped out of the wood. Got all the cracks fixed, ribs glued down properly, and fixed the servo box so it mounts properly now. Tomorrow I'm going to sand the wing and hopefully start covering it.