Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Trojan crash

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Parkzone Trojan crash

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 03:38 PM
jrflyboyVP2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Trojan crash

Well, I just crashed my Parkzone T-28. Totally pilot error. That is one sweet flying airplane. I guess some of us have to learn things the hard way. I wish I could say I was trying some fancy new acrobatic manuver, but the truth is I took off with my computer radio on the wrong selected model. My ailerons were reversed, and I don't have the skill to fly around with reversed ailerons, so I pulled throttle off just as the airplane rolled inverted and was planting nose first firmly into mother earth. It is repairable, and a new cowling and motor mount are already ordered. I am a beginner, and was getting really confident after about 20 sorties without any major mishap. On the plus side, I doubt I will ever make that mistake again.

John
Austin, Tx
Old 02-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Johnnie Red

Default RE: Parkzone Trojan crash

Hey John
There's no need to feel bad about it. PKZ planes are easy to repair even at the field with 5min -poxy and cyano.
I'll tell you the good ole trick that all pilots do before take off. Simple preflight check at the controls. Elevator, Rudder, Ailerons, Throttle.
Keep it always in mind. ERAT is the name.....

After any crash always before the next flight (if you use the same Rx) perform range check.

Keep it up, fly safe

J.R.
Athens, GR
Old 02-20-2011, 03:42 PM
jrflyboyVP2

Thanks for the reply. I actually did the control check, but since the rudder and elevator were moving in the right direction, I some how missed the aileron reversal. I will definately include checking ailerons for proper direction, along with checking model select on transmitter before every flight. The good news is all the electronics works fine. I have almost completed the repairs. Gorila glue works great on the foam. It should be ready to fly by tomorrow, now if only the winds will die down.

John R

Old 02-21-2011, 04:28 PM
jrflyboyVP2

I flew my repaired T-28 today. It flew fine, but now needs a bunch of aileron trim to have neutral roll. I tried to steam it out, but no luck. I will try again. It works great for balsa, but I guess foam is a different animal.

John
Old 02-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Johnnie Red

Hey John,

Good news of the Trojan's back in the skies!!

Can you post some pics of the repaired parts so we get a look and maybe will get you some remedy.

Kind regards
J.R.