Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Cub Landing Gear

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Cub Landing Gear

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM
frankp
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cub Landing Gear

I have a Hangar 9 25% Cub with a landing gear problem. After three years of flying and a few not so good landings, the springs in the LG are shot. Horizon does not have them and is of no help in locating the prpoer springs. They will sell me a new gear for $80. Seems like a waste when all I need is 4 springs. Has anyone else had the same problem? I have went to every source for springs in the area with no luck. Any Ideas?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:03 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Cub Landing Gear

Take a look at McMaster-Carr, www.mcmaster.com and see if you can find something that will fit.

Bob
Old 04-06-2011, 01:12 AM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

they are back in stock 3.95 for 4 thanks frank
Old 04-06-2011, 06:23 AM
frankp

In stock at Horizon??
Old 04-06-2011, 07:42 AM
frankp

I called Horizon this morning and the springs are on backorder with no scheduled delivery date. I was told that they may not even be on order at this time. Horizon may be waiting to see how many people order this item.

I have been a customer of Horizon Hobbies for many years. I started with them when they were Circus Hobbies in Vegas. I have always been impressed with ther customer service and support. Sorry to say that on this occasion they have fallen far short of the mark. I first brought up the issue of the springs in the Cub LG over two years ago. I told them that the springs were not the right size for the strut. I sent them pictures and drawings of the problem. Even talked to the person in charge of customer service to no avail.

If for what ever reason, Horizon does not wish to stock these springs, at least inform their coustomers of where we can purchase the springs in the US. I find it hard to usderstand why this is such a problem when they are STILL producing the LG.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:55 PM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

wow my lhs got them for me and now they are out of stock , we need to land softer, i have 2 left but better keep them one time bounce and they are tost thank frank