Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Wing tip repair, and recovering - Help please!

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Wing tip repair, and recovering - Help please!

Old 04-23-2011, 03:13 PM
mtndewdewd
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing tip repair, and recovering - Help please!

Deadstick, couldn't slip enough, tried to set it down easy, but it gets out of sight quick past the end of the runway. Smacked the tail and sheared the tailwheel off and smacked the right wingtip.

Repaired the tailwheel and need to know the best way to recover so it will look the best.

Need help on how to repair the wing. Can i just fish the damaged wood out and fill with foam? Glue over the damaged wood, and then sand smooth? Have never had to do this so I have no clue as to how to go about it.

Any help on both of these rapairs would be much appreciated!!

Old 04-23-2011, 03:49 PM
biam

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Wing tip repair, and recovering - Help please!

well here goes!
remove at least two inches more monokote to make a strait cut on the affected sheeting for removal,use the other end of the wing to make a template to cut out a new end rib. Remove your damaged end rib, use it to mark where you may need to cut out to fit the upper and lower spars, install it,measure cut and install new sheeting, and recover. when recovering your tail section, you need to remove your tail wheel again,recover, then reinstall the tail wheel,it will look much better than trying to go around it. Please dont pick out the fragments and fill with foam, this extra wait will affect the balance. Hope this helps, and makes sense![8D]