Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stylish comeback to the hobby :)

Hey peeps,

I was away from the hobby for 6-7 years because of studies then work.I started feeling the itch to comeback some weeks ago and all because i saw a popular British rc magazine on a shop stand. So i head to my local shop to buy me some ARFs a new radio set (i was stuck with an old jr) and full flight box tools, starters e.t.c as my old ones were unreliable/lost in the piles of carpets, chairs e.t.c littering my workshop (6-7 years absence does this ).

I bought a hitec aurora 9 TX and RX, a 3d plane and a trainer (said to the shop owner that the trainer was for teaching my little cousin , but the truth was that i wanted to remove the rust from my fingers ) .

So i assemble the trainer and head to a field to fly it . i do a poor job restraining the battery in the plane (i didnt tie it anywhere...just threw it in the fuselage and placed the wing on top to hide the mess. after 3 flights the trainer is GONE! stopped responding while i was trying to execute some snap rolls! it seems the battery got disconnected from the rx.

I gather my pride and head after 4-5 days out to the local club with the 3d plane i bought with my trainer. I Do two full flights incident free (except the first panicked take off ). During the third flight i dive the plane on full throttle (i know, 3d plane was poor choice for this type of flight - well NOW i know ) i pull back on the elevator stick and BAM!!! THE RUDDER, ELEVATOR half of the tail in general got detached from rest of the plane . all i could do was cut on the throttle to save the engine . SO IN ONE WEEK I destroyed TWO planes. One out of rush to fly and poor preparation and the second cause i was being dumb . lesson learned though. got me two new planes yesterday and the fun continues. got a tiger sport 40 and a yak 54 i plan to equip with a 100 evo 2-stroke. here are some pics of the before and after of the models heheheheh

p.s the trainer is getting fixed just for the fun of it while the 3d was put in plastic bag to be used as epoxy mixing sticks and scrap balsa

Learn from the mistakes of others. You can\'\'t live long enough to make them all yourself

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Stylish comeback to the hobby :)

Nothing stylish about STUPIDITY!!!!!![>:]
    RC MANIAC-PRO BRO 1900-AMA# 95841

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The only good thing about doing stupid things is, ya know you're not alone. Sorry about you loosing the 3D to the trash bag, it looked like a very nice plane. we've ALL had those "bad moments"! Best of all,- you're back in the hobby !!! Welcome Back !!!!
    Too much horsepower- Just right !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i was being sarcastic with the "stylish"
    Learn from the mistakes of others. You can\'\'t live long enough to make them all yourself

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@outdoorhunting

Yes, i am glad i took this hobby again. relaxes me after long stressfull days. And the above were a good warning and reminder for the future planes and the safety of others around

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And I'll bet you have a new "Very Best" friend at your LHS who gives you a great big smile when you walk through the door. Slow down , get yourself some help , and enjoy the comeback.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hehe yes i made him "rich" the past days . but i guess after all these years it was needed to spend a fair amount of money .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some expensive lessons, but at least the trainer looks repairable,,, Good for you manning up and admitting your mistakes, many would blame the plane or radio,

Welcome back to the hobby

Remember,
    "A man has to know his plane's limitations"

good luck
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Haha! That'll learn ya!
    The trainer is definitely repairable.
    I was flying my Great Planes You Can Do 46 about 7 years ago (it's still flying by the way) just rolled out from inverted at a pretty good speed and the wing blew up. All the covering blew off the bottom of the right wing and just about every shear web was split. I managed to land it fine but I learned a lesson. The 3D airplanes don't like speed.

Congrats on getting back in the hobby. I just came back too after a 5 year break. Already bought a 2M pattern plane for smooth flying and a Quickie 500 for speed.
    Ham

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@loadthis

At least your lesson wasnt so painfull heheh.

The weather the last four days gave me the opportunity to finish the two new planes but i am keeping the yak in the workshop for the moment . The tiger 3 will do for the next weeks as i am "learning" again.....loads of dusting to do with my skills and reflexes and dont want to risk another 3d plane