Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

FINALLY, an ARF manufacturer that keeps their word

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

FINALLY, an ARF manufacturer that keeps their word

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 04:37 AM
cjbotox
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY, an ARF manufacturer that keeps their word

Kudos to Airborne Models upholding their defects policy!

Over the last 2 decades of my RC involvement, I've lost many a plane, due to pilot error (1) radio interference (2) radio system failure (3) etc (4) AND manufacture defect. These defective planes were 2 ARF's and 2 kits, all separate companies - 2 no longer exist. In keeping with RCU policies, I'll refrain mentioning names in public. Besides, 2 are long gone - proving they didn't belong or had lots of customer issues. However, 2 months ago I was flying a plane that
went in hard and was totaled. At home, a post-mortem clearly revealed a manufacture defect in the wing. I wasn't even going to bother trying to call the company since I never had any resolve with others in the past, and the plane was slightly over a year old. But my flying buddy finally persuaded me. My contact was made with Steve in Livermore CA and after making my case short, I detected a serious concern from Steve. This then led to a proposal of reimbursement (50% of retail cost - I threw away fuse but kept the wing. Lesson learned, keep all parts to send back). I shipped the wing back sawed in half, as this was the culprit for loss but strangely, it had the least amount of damage.

To my surprise Steve called me back and said I was entitled to the 50% towards buying ANY model from AM.
Now that's service to be news worthy. The cost this company absorbed could have paid completely for some planes they sell, but I elected to buy something different, which cost me less than 100 bucks and shipping.

I have received my new model and am pleased to report a company that KEEPSTHEIRWARRANTY without excuses or haggling. WHYCAN'TOTHERCOMPANIESDOLIKEWISE?

John Bromley

Old 06-07-2012, 04:46 AM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: FINALLY, an ARF manufacturer that keeps their word

It's refreshing to hear a "good outcome," so many times all we hear are the bad ones. Cudos to you for taking the time to do it !! Good luck!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:44 AM
rye
My Feedback: (10)

airbrone models are great there trainer with the flat bottom wing is a joy to fly and lands great i have 2 now lost two over a 3 year period due to training my son and pilot error one on a trail dragger to slow on take off and one on those trees that jump up into the plane lol
Old 06-07-2012, 06:41 PM
yellerchamp
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a t-34 last year had a cracked canopy and wing issue called them and the sent out replacements pdq and paid for shipping, good company