Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Carl Goldberg Freedom 20

My DX6I (backup radio) took a dump and it crashed my airplane shortly after takeoff. The left wing was trashed and some nose damage. Since I can't get parts for it, I decided to graft my mini Showtime wings on it. It took me a few weeks to get it flying ready. I took it out for it's first test flight and flies pretty good. I definitely notice a better roll rate. So I am working on making it look better now that I know it flies. I also made my own cowling for it. I am pretty proud on how it is turning out.

Trex 450 Pro / Trex 500 / Trex 600E
    microbeast Ikon Ikon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Carl Goldberg Freedom 20

That is a bit different looking, but as long as it flies and you are happy.... What can I say except, GOOD JOB!! One thing about kit bashing, even if it ain't "pretty" you can still have a ball with it. The "ugly" planes fly better anyway!!

Ken
    Sent from my Dry-Erase-Board

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea it looks strange, but flies great. I am really pleased with the results. It is still an ongoing process to make it look better. It looked it's worsed when I did the test flight. I didn't want to put too much into it until I knew it would fly good.
    microbeast Ikon Ikon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

now thats a nose job

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes it is! I just painted the nose today.
    microbeast Ikon Ikon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey, that looks ok to me. Ijust tonight acquired a 15-year-old CGFreedom 20 that is only partly constructed. The tailfeathers were never assembled and it has not been covered. Looks like the stabs were built at one point, but have been destroyed. Luckily Ihave the plans and manual and will rebuild those from scratch.

Maybe soon another Freedom 20 will be in the air. May Iask what motor you originally had on yours?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used a HK motor with a 4s 2200 mah. You can use a 3s, but the power is quite lacking. With this motor, I would use no less than a 60 amp esc. The freedom 20 tends to be tail heavy. If you can, try to move the landing gear back further or make it a tail dragger. I had to make mine a little nose heavy to keep it off it's tail. That is one of the reasons why I went with a bigger motor and battery. Better to make it useful weight than dead weight. I really miss mine, it was an excellent flyer.
    microbeast Ikon Ikon