Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It flies again!

Last year I slammed my Apprentice into the side of a barn. Itried repairing it with tape and glueing in a small piece of foam into the wing, and it was so unstable it flew into a tree and did even more damage. Well a wing, motor mount, and tail later Imaidened her today. She flies just as good as new. 2 clicks up 1 clck right on the trims and hands off at half throttle. Made me feel good too. It was a bit windy too, coming across the runway, but the plane flew though it nice.
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: It flies again!

Congratulations on your re-maiden flight !!!! and may you have many more successful flights with her.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Congratulations on your repair job and maiden flight..It sure feels good to bring one back after a crash dosent it...Did you have wobbly knees? I know that I do often on the first flight when I am not sure what to expect , but that is part of what make is so much fun..
    Ken , Biker BC Cub Brother #6 Ultra Sport Brother # 100 Tiger Club # 7 Pulse Brother # 1 Sig Brother # 58 Top Flight Brother # 9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Adding my congrats on making one flight worthy again. Yes... it makes one feel good about his efforts in restoration and repair.

bikerbc... yes, flying offers a rush of emotions prior to a maiden. I'm currently scratch building a 35cc plane of my design and only a slight way into the building process the emotion is growing about flying it. If it will fly or how well? In the world of design your own, there of course are winners and losers. The losers are laughed about and learned from and some of the winners go on to become designs that others like as well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys. I was a little nervous, but I had confidence in the plane flying well. When I first put the wing on, the wind kicked up.Iput the plane on the ground just to see how strong it was and that little plane was rocking and wigglin and Idecided to wait. Iwent inside and worked on the B-17 bulkhead parts instead and after about 4 when it was time to knock off, the wind had died down to a breeze. Igrabbed the plane, put it out on the soggy runway, did my pre-flight and off it went. The first few feet off the ground I wa a little shakey, but as soon as I trimmed it out Iwas back in the groove. Ihaven't flown physically in 4 months, just on the sim, and it felt good to be flying again. Ihad to put it down after about 6 minutes as my fingers were getting stiff from the cold, and Imade a very nice landing, I finally got my orientation down from landing it closer to me instead of away towards the farm field. Imade a nice 3 point landing right in front of me, but the nose wheel caught a little bump and tipped forward, but the plane is so llight it just bounced.

This is a fun little plane and if anyone wants to have a neat little electric, the Apprentice is it. My friend was leaving, but decided to stick around to see me fly and said, well, you gonna loop it? Iflipped to full rate and pushed full throttle, and pulled full back and did a 10' loop, about a 12G pull. For a trainer it has pretty good rates for all 3 axis.
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374