Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

How much $

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts
Default RE: How much $

My most spectacular loss was a .25 size plywood Cub, I haven't got a clue who made the kit! AT&T had installed a new microwave repeated with the beam cutting across a now defunct flying field. I hit the beam throttle went to full power with a full down elevator. A digging utensil was required to recover my old OS .25. The Cub had a little wing damage and the fuselage was broken to pieces up to the instrument panel. The engine survived but took some heavy duty cleaning to get the packed dirt out of the carb. It took me a whole month to get it rebuilt, repainted, and back in the air!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:59 PM
P-Y
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lost my TF spitfire on the maiden flight; it wasn't very expensive, but I spent more than one year to build it, sand it, fiberglass it and paint it...
Old 07-30-2012, 05:34 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

I hope your signature means you rebuilt the Spite!