Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Is this pathetic? Or obsessive? The most work no one will ever notice.

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Is this pathetic? Or obsessive? The most work no one will ever notice.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is this pathetic? Or obsessive? The most work no one will ever notice.

I had one of these CMP Edge 540T's way back in the day (2006) and eventually gave it away. I saw one NIB come up for sale and, for sentimental reasons, I bought it (any excuse to buy a new plane will do). So I start assembling it and I quickly saw that the blue stripes on the stab were way off on one side. Being detail oriented (OCD), I decide to re-do the stripes. Re-doing the stripes basically meant recovering the entire top of the stab. Everything you see (minus the white) was recovered on both sides. The blue stripes on the left side of the stab were so off that the inner-most one touched the fuse. Am I nuts? Would anyone else here go this far with a cheap Chinese ARF? I spent 3 hours on work no one will ever notice, lol.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Sessholvlaru

Default RE: Is this pathetic? Or obsessive? The most work no one will ever notice.

RCU is giving me sh*t trying to upload pics. This site has really gone to crap...
Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Sessholvlaru

Default RE: Is this pathetic? Or obsessive? The most work no one will ever notice.

There we go. As I mentioned before I started the inner-most blue stripe on the left was touching the fuse. When I re-did the left side I noticed the red was slightly different than the right side, so I re-did that side too. Lots of work for a $100 ARF.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72058.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1763567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89291.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1763568  
Old 05-18-2012, 03:35 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's an old saying when it comes to the look of your bird......"They all look perfect 50 feet away"...

BUT .....I don't see anything wrong with having a bit of pride in the things that you fly!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 AM
mustangman177

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question is....Did you have fun and enjoyment in fixing the stripes on the stab ? I too do alot of things that wouldn't necessarily need to be done, but do anyways for the love of the hobby.

I do like the looks of the stab you completed. Even if you cannot tell it when flying, you know it was done and that's all that matters.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:50 AM
kenh3497

YES

Seriously, you just like things "right". nothing wrong with that!

Ken