Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

MOTOR MOUNT REPAIR

This post is more or less your opion on repairing a motor mount (firewall)on a foamy.
    I know how to fix motor mounts on foamies,but i have been having bad luck with them.
    The type of motor mount that im talking about is the one's that are just a flat piece of plastic that is attached to the main body from the manufacture.I glue up the mount , which is just a flat piece of plastic with one hole in the center and for other holes for the mounting screws.I have used ca(foam safe), expoxy, and a new type of glue that works great on the rest of the plane called fabric tac).Some of you might call it the firewall.
    The thing is i get it all glued up( i do wait 24 hours to make sure glue cures), put on the motor and go flying.I get to about may-be 5 - 6 flights and the motor mount(firewall) comes loose and the motor starts to wigel alot. I do use clamps and such different things to hold it in place till glue cures.
    Iwant to know if you guy/gale's have any tips and tricks you do and what kind of glue do u use

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: MOTOR MOUNT REPAIR

Replace the plastic firewall with a piece of plywood.........you can then use servo screws to
    mount the motor, and it will stay in place, until you dork it!!!
    RC MANIAC-PRO BRO 1900-AMA# 95841

You could try Gorrila Glue
    Trees have a tendancy to grow a few feet when airplanes try to fly over them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i don't think Gorilla is the problem...........the plastic motor mount does NOT have enough material to grab.......so the screws keep coming out!!
    RC MANIAC-PRO BRO 1900-AMA# 95841

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm trying to fix the firewall that is already in there.It is letting go around the edge's of the firewall.I know about the balsa ply option.I am hoping for some kind of fix for the origanal piece that is there.If i have to use the ply i will

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Let see a Pic if you can . maybe some screws or dowel pins in the right places may help. You can make L shaped brackets to hold it in place.
    Larry K
    Sig Brotherhood # 1 Sig Kadet Brotherhood # 4 WACO Brotherhood #34 Cub Brotherhood 14