I finished the sheeting repair of the starboard wing. I soaked the second sheet for a couple of days, which was a big improvement over moistening one side of the first one. Far from perfect, but not bad for a first go.
Turns out there was another part of the starboard wing that needed a patch.
After that, I started soaking the sheeting for the port wing. I didn't have a big enough container for three feet of balsa, so I improvised with what I did
have - some insulation board and an old robe in the rag drawer. I soaked the robe and laid it out on the board, then put the sheeting on the robe...
... and folded the robe over. I poured water over it every day - it sat for several because I didn't have time to get to the sheeting repair.