Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

hangar 9 F22 raptor rebuild

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

hangar 9 F22 raptor rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 03:39 PM
lbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hangar 9 F22 raptor rebuild

After buying the Hangar 9 under powered F-22 Raptor, Trainer, ARF, [:'(]

I tried flying this thing several times. It would not do a loop, would drop like a rock when power was cut off. Landed like a sack of potatoes.

I broke the front landing gear the first landing (so did everyone else), The second flight wasent too bad but figured out to throw away the 3 bladed prop and go with a APC. Could almost do a loop now.

I then cracked the fuselage almost in half on a landing and after beefing it up I tried it again.

Coming in for a landing was always a thrill, full throttle, 6 inches off the ground (hope for NO cross winds) and cut it and let it fall to the ground.

I ended up cracking the body in half where I repaired it. I was so flustrated with the F-22 Craptor, I gave up with it.

Took it home and stripped all the good parts off and tried to sell them on Ebay. Well no one wanted them, even a $10.00 price tag for both wings, tail feathers, canopy, hatch at several swap meets still no takers.

During the winter I decided to give it one more try. Some PVC drain pipe and what you see below pictures is my new creation

(ps it flew better) [&:]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88895.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1798063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41302.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1798064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18729.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1798065  
Old 09-04-2012, 06:08 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: hangar 9 F22 raptor rebuild

Looks good to me. It's gotta fly better than the original.

David
Old 09-06-2012, 10:28 AM
rhutson172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same parts stashed somewhere from similar crappy performance. Love what you did witht he PVC, can you post details of the re-build? I would love to resurrect those parts gathering dust.

Thanks!!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:21 PM
LostParts

I still have and regularly fly my PTS f-22,   it wood not take off at my grass field.  A upgrade to the EVO 60nx and it became a real nice flyer. Why these things were sold has a trainer I have never understood.  Oddly the PTS Mustang is a easy flyer.  

Your rebuild looks a lot funner, and is still sexy.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:22 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outstanding example of a true RC modler. I assume the wings and stab are bolted on. Now while you enjoy this creation, you should work on building a balsa and light ply fuse for it and watch the performance increase even more.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:43 AM
LostParts

It would make a nice profile prop jet.  Lose the cinder block fuse, that thing is heavy and over complicated.