Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

No more Christen Eagle

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

No more Christen Eagle

Old 11-16-2012, 03:53 PM
tardster
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more Christen Eagle

Welp guys n gals my Christen Eagle is no more. 2 flights 2 crashes and this time there's no fixing her. I tried to maiden her last weekend and I got about a foot off the ground and she rolled over and tore up the bottom wing. This time after I fixed the wing I got her up in the air was working on the normal trimming of the controls, she was turning to the left pretty bad. I adjusted the trim had her turning right a bit and that's when it happened, I took my eyes off her to look down and make sure I had the right trim button and when I looked up she was inverted headed for the ground. I tried to pull it out but I needed about another 6 feet or so, when she hit she bounced back up into the air she was still running but I was so surprised by that I didn't have time to try to react. The second time she hit the ground was when she exploded into a bunch of pieces, so enjoy the pics and I'll stick with my warbirds from now on lol.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83723.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	1821000   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71913.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	277.7 KB
ID:	1821001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19694.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	1821002   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42119.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	368.5 KB
ID:	1821003  
Old 11-16-2012, 04:50 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 175 Likes on 150 Posts
Default RE: No more Christen Eagle

What ARF was it? Were you trying to fly with the cowl off?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:52 PM
tardster
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speed, It was the Christen Eagle 42 arf from tower hobbies. I was having problems with the glowplug ignitor, the hole in the cowl was off abit so getting it off was hard so that is why I had the cowl off. I would love to say thats what caused the crash but it's not. After I posted the message and pics I took a good look at it and pilot error was the cause, I forgot to put the screw in the servo horn so when I tried pulled up to loop out of the plane being inverted it was to much and popped the horn off the servo. My wife has video of the crash but I need to convert it since she took it with her iphone, it's pretty far away and all you can hear is me trimming it out and then the crash, live and learn I guess lol.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:12 AM
a70eliminator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats a bummer to have lost a plane without getting any enjoyment and I've been there too except on a 1/3 scale bipe, have not yet put it up for round 2.
I've crashed many planes and no matter how bad I think it is, always pick up every single little piece right down to the crumbs, then mid winter I'll get the itch to build a plane, I have a plane thats been resurected 3 times and a couple that are still piles of brokens. I see a complete tail section and and 80% wings of your bipe, The firewall and bulkheads are there and the rest is mostly stick built right, I one of those guys that can't really afford the hobby but do muddle through with some help from the trash bin if others.