I did my first pull pull on the CAP in my avatar. I did a bunch of research and came to the conclusion on a couple of things.
1) The hole in the control arm at the control surface should be in line with the hinge line.
2) While not 100% necessary, having the distance from the hinge line to the hole in the control horn should be that same as the distance from the center of the servo to the hole in the servo arm.
3) Running the wires strait or having them crossed makes no difference. Crossing the wires allows you to get them to exit the fuse closer to the control surface.
4) The wires need to run strait between control horns. They can't rub on anything.
5) You will most likely wind up with a little slack in the lines when the control surface is deflected. This slack is OK as it has no effect on the flying of the aircraft.
6) do not over tension the lines. Just snug is enough to remove the slack at neutral.
This should get you in the air. If needed you can raise a servo enough to make your lines miss other stuff in the fuse or other control rods.
PS. I'm sure others will be along with suggestions on pull pull.