Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Showtime 90 canopy

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Showtime 90 canopy

Old 02-13-2013, 11:42 AM
sctcrash
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showtime 90 canopy

I need to replace a canopy for a showtime 90. the last time I flew it something fell on it on the ground and crushed the canopy! Last time I flew it was probably a few years ago. I have been temporarily out of the hobby but looking to knock the dust off and get back out there. I looked around and I found the wood panel for the canopy but cannot find the actual canopy itself. Any one have an idea 1. Where I can get one? 2. What else would work? 3. If not what is the best way to mend a cracked up canpoy?

Thanks
Scott
Old 02-19-2013, 09:53 PM
nitro wing

Default RE: Showtime 90 canopy

clear packing tape for now.
Maybe one of the real builder guys can make a new canopy, its a fair size and not easily done, checked ebay?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:10 AM
mkoe

Ithink Ihave one with the hatch in good condition. PMme with the dimensions of yours so Ican be sure. Inow fly the Showtime 50 and the extra one Ihave is much larger.
MK
Old 02-20-2013, 11:26 AM
mkoe

This is approx 24" from front of hatch to rear edge of canopy. The magnets are gone some repairs would be needed but the canopy is in good shape.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:45 PM
sctcrash

I am going to run out and measure mine right after work. If it works out i have the canopy of a 50 i bought on ebay not paying attention to size. Ill gladly send that your way for the 50 so you dont run into this problem in a year! I just saw my buddy who owned the "something" that fell on my canopy so he will be almost as happy as me if i can find a replacement.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:28 PM
sctcrash

Sounds like that is the one, its 6" across in the front. its 22' across the bottom so 24 would sounds perfect with the actual canopy on it.

This is the exact canopy I bought off of ebay if you want it since it will work for your 50:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canopy-ShowT...item1e726c403e
Old 02-20-2013, 02:35 PM
mkoe

ORIGINAL: sctcrash

Sounds like that is the one, its 6" across in the front. its 22' across the bottom so 24 would sounds perfect with the actual canopy on it.

This is the exact canopy I bought off of ebay if you want it since it will work for your 50:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canopy-ShowT...item1e726c403e
Yep that's the size. I sent you a PM so Ican get this to you. Idon't need the 50 size though, thanks.

Mike

Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 PM
airzona

I wish someone would start making parts for the showtime 90, a good flying plane, sucks when you break something not wood.