Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

DSM2 Failure or "What"?

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

DSM2 Failure or "What"?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSM2 Failure or "What"?

Okay, Here's my tail of woe. New Hangar 9 Super Cub, Saito 1.80, DSM2 'AR7000" Rx, 2100mah Li-Fe battery. 2nd flight after initial "no issues" maiden. I personally was not flying the plane but it was my decision to let another experienced pilot configure it for me. On maiden plane was basically trimmed for "hand off" flight and that was what we achieved. On the second flight at about 300 feet it went into a slow spiral and the pilot tried moving the stick every which way to no avail. Spiralled in and you know the rest of the story. Initial comment was loss of battery, brown out, black out but when we retrieved the plane both the Rx and Tx were on and every flight surface moved as it should. We also hooked up a data logger to the Rx and it indicated no malfunctions (hits) everything at "zero". We could suspect the Tx but we range checked it. The battery which was out of the pack new read 6.6 volts. The time from when the plane went into the spin and it kissed terra firma was at least 5-7 seconds.

The transmitter is a JR 9303 with the 2.4 Spektrum module with the cable connection style module. I am of course sending it in to JR along with the AR7000 Rx to see if there was/is an issue. Someone said that they had experienced issues with the DSM2 receivers and that I should go to the newer DSMX system. it's puzzling to me that the system was operating normally post crash. Any thoughts?

Happy Flying!

Loopman
Old 03-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Dongskie

Default RE: DSM2 Failure or

I had a similar experience using an AR1000E receiver binded to my DX6i.

I cannot determine the exact height and distance of my plane but to compare a 1200mm plane as big as my palm up in the air must be less than 200ft.

I lost response from the plane at about 4minutes into flight and fortunately the plane glided down and broke only the propeller on impact.

I was told that the AR1000E has an indicator of a brownout, when the led turns flashing during flight means that the Rx has experienced a brownout . 

Hope my experience helps.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:44 AM
opjose

Default RE: DSM2 Failure or

You also may have experienced a momentary power interruption on the TX, due to a switch or loose or not fully connected cable, or a poor contact.

I've had a similiar event occur and it turned out the white battery connector on the TX was at fault.

I've used many dozens of AR7000's and I've only had a problem with one that I purchased used... on that RX one channel does not work reliably.