Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

The luck ran out F18 foamy jet... demise

Old 04-20-2013, 05:08 PM
foodstick

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default The luck ran out F18 foamy jet... demise

We i got this little baby free for finding it a month after it was lost in a big cornfield. The owner said go get it boys! they are picking corn this week.. IF YOU FIND IT,YOU OWN IT !

Well I did find it, the mice had chewed it all up, motor seized, fan chewed,speedo burn't up. Broken pieces, bad servo.... I looked at it, and thought well I have some spare stuff, why not give it one more try... I put it all back together and flew it.. pretty weak, I thru in a upgraded motor fan and it wasn't to bad. I flew it a few times and then one day I made a broad turn at about 40 feet high, and one wing fell off ! It did some crazy maneuver all the way down and somehow hit without breaking anything... A few repairs later I still had it in the air, one rudder almost fell off the other day.

Now last week a buddy and I were flying a LOOSE formation with two foam jets, and I don't know what happened, it was somewhere between all my fault and airframe failure it went in hard !

I already have the gear (which survived) moved into a new foam jet..

Enjoy the pic !

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56172.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1874555  

Search this Thread