Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The luck ran out F18 foamy jet... demise

We i got this little baby free for finding it a month after it was lost in a big cornfield. The owner said go get it boys! they are picking corn this week.. IF YOU FIND IT,YOU OWN IT !

Well I did find it, the mice had chewed it all up, motor seized, fan chewed,speedo burn't up. Broken pieces, bad servo.... I looked at it, and thought well I have some spare stuff, why not give it one more try... I put it all back together and flew it.. pretty weak, I thru in a upgraded motor fan and it wasn't to bad. I flew it a few times and then one day I made a broad turn at about 40 feet high, and one wing fell off ! It did some crazy maneuver all the way down and somehow hit without breaking anything... A few repairs later I still had it in the air, one rudder almost fell off the other day.

Now last week a buddy and I were flying a LOOSE formation with two foam jets, and I don't know what happened, it was somewhere between all my fault and airframe failure it went in hard !

I already have the gear (which survived) moved into a new foam jet..

Enjoy the pic !

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt56172.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	1874555