I worked on rigging the flight controls. This is one of the areas I hated before. Originally the controls were operated suing old school balsa dowel with music wire attached to the ends. That of course worked but it didn't provide much elevator and bound up on the extremes.
The elevators are not connected and move independently. When I first did the restore I tried to use laser rod. I hatred the results. I got a lot of slop between the left and right elevators and servos. I had never used it before and I am sure I had made mistakes in the installation. There were also issue with the way they joined to one servo. Regardless I hated it and it bugged me.
This time I decided to use music wire and a plastic guide tube. The wire was soldered together near the servo. There is NO slop between the left and right elevator. They move as one unit. It is also a LOT easier to move.
With the wire I can get a full range of travil from Elivator and rudder with no binding.