Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

minor Fogging\hazed window

On the rebuild im working on I saved two of the original windows because they are difficult for me to make with the tools I have (no replacements parts available anymore either). I got them really clean but there is a very light hase on some parts of the windows. I can get away with leaving them that was if needed but was wondering of there is any way to rub it out. I was thinking about tying some headlight hase remover on one of the other windows i didnt use to see if that works.

Has anyone got a good trick they know worked ?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay73487.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	1892980   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm36847.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	1892981  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: minor Fogging\hazed window

boy those picuture makes it look like I covered the dan thing with clay , it better than that honest.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You might try some aircraft canopy pollish. I did the same thing with mine and when I pulled the windows off of the plugs, they were slightly fogged. The canopy pollish should clean them right up.

If you should need to make new windows, say to yourself that the doing is far easier than I can imagine. When needing to do it, I first believed a vac form box was needed. NOT SO.

After some thought, I wondered if a simply gravity mold would work and it in fact worked very well.

Needed of course is a female mold and male plug. Make the female mold identical to the needed window both in size and thickness. Make a male plug about 1/16" smaller and again of the same thickness.

Place a piece of wax paper on a cooky sheet, lay the plug on it and a piece of .015 PETG cut a half inch over size around. On that, lay the female mold directly over the plug and then a flat piece of smooth wood or plywood and on it a weight, keeping the weight centered.

Place in oven on low heat and give it about twenty minutes and the weight will drive the mold down over the plug when the PETG softens. Remove from oven and let partially cool but yet while still warm, unstack and remove from mold and plug.

The molds and plugs can usually be reversed for the other side of the plane. The advantage over a vac box is that it doesn't consume a whole piece of plastic for each window pane.

Hope the polish solves your problem but if not or you ever need a new side window... remember, it is easier than I thought.