Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

PK T28 Trojan crash

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

PK T28 Trojan crash

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 08:28 AM
loves nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PK T28 Trojan crash

Yesterday I was flying my T-28 Trojan, the first few flights went well, but then the wind started blowing a little hard, I should have know better than to take that light foamy up. The wind was pushing her around pretty good, so I decided to land her, I didnt like the way she was coming in so I decided to take another pass, but when I pulled her up the wind caught it, I tried to get her back but failed, and she hit the OUT HOUSE!!!! The nose broke off cleanly, it did'nt even brake the prop, I got her repaired already. This is my first repair on the Trojan, and would like to know if there is anything I can use to fill the crack lines in the foam before I repaint the nose?
Paul
Old 08-28-2013, 12:16 PM
SkidMan
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a little Gorilla Glue with some low-tac (blue) painter's tape over it.

The Gorilla Glue will foam and expand out to the painters tape. To fill small cracks use a toothpick to dab the glue into the crack and then place a piece of tape over the crack.

If you aren't familiar with the expansion properties of Gorilla Glue I suggest starting small and somewhere not very visible.

BTW - don't get suckered and buy the big size unless you plan to use a lot of it over the next couple months. Once opened, like CA, it has a finite shelf life.

Paul