Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

PK T28 Trojan crash

Yesterday I was flying my T-28 Trojan, the first few flights went well, but then the wind started blowing a little hard, I should have know better than to take that light foamy up. The wind was pushing her around pretty good, so I decided to land her, I didnt like the way she was coming in so I decided to take another pass, but when I pulled her up the wind caught it, I tried to get her back but failed, and she hit the OUT HOUSE!!!! The nose broke off cleanly, it did'nt even brake the prop, I got her repaired already. This is my first repair on the Trojan, and would like to know if there is anything I can use to fill the crack lines in the foam before I repaint the nose?
    Paul

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I use a little Gorilla Glue with some low-tac (blue) painter's tape over it.

The Gorilla Glue will foam and expand out to the painters tape. To fill small cracks use a toothpick to dab the glue into the crack and then place a piece of tape over the crack.

If you aren't familiar with the expansion properties of Gorilla Glue I suggest starting small and somewhere not very visible.

BTW - don't get suckered and buy the big size unless you plan to use a lot of it over the next couple months. Once opened, like CA, it has a finite shelf life.

Paul