Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 5 of 5

  1. #1

    Rebuild Of The ParkZone T-28 W/ Crash Video...

    Hey guys, new to online RC threads, but that being said I had a little misfortune while trying to get some good OnBoard footage from the top of the rudder angle, anyways you can watch for yourself, but I did a nice low pass (girlfriend is recording) and after that I go up to do a barrel roll (there is another body of water so I thought it would look cool) and just over half way though the canopy comes off!! But the worst was yet to come. It hit the Horizontal stab ripping it off! Not only that but it was the side with the control arm. watch the video for what happens next. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52H7kqeLoAs) If you listen closely on the low pass you can hear the plastic coating they use dragging. This being the second ParkZone T-28 I have had elevator issues (lack of support and thickness) I decided to try an fix it, which required boiling the fuselage (http://youtu.be/aWry69x2xEs ) I then used some 20min epoxy, Pliers (to break to size), and Popsicle sticks to fix the landing gear, which originally broke from this ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_cpDlhPJ94 from using an older heavy camcorder) and after repaired without Popsicle sticks this happened after one touch and go.... ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKqoXBCapDk ) ........

    So after the crash into the lake I am left with this....

    1. Fuselage/Motor Mount/ Front Landing Gear...



    155 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    154 by boostedpower, on Flickr







    And here is the "Official" cause of the crash....



    160 by boostedpower, on Flickr
    Last edited by Boostedpower; 09-07-2013 at 06:17 AM.

  2. #2
    So Here is what I did to fix it, sorry, no more videos...

    1. Went to HomeDepot and got some solid foam board, Then went to the work shop and got some shaping tools (a foam cutter would have been ideal, however I did not have one handy)

    368 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    2. Traced, with a forgiving margin and used the full size razor blade to cut, this took some time. But ended up with this. -->


    369 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    370 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    372 by boostedpower, on Flickr

    3. Then Tons of sanding! from a flat hand sander ($3) ---> (almost not yet!) --->




    402 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    3. THEN URIKIA!--->

    406 by boostedpower, on Flickr




    BUT! Only the front half, and to fit the new elevator control surface It's going to require a little modification (cutting away) to the fuselage.--->

    406 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    405 by boostedpower, on Flickr
    Last edited by Boostedpower; 09-07-2013 at 07:14 AM.

  3. #3
    Now that the the front half of the stabilizer is in place. Here is a Comparison of thickness from the new modified one(pink) compared to the stock one(white) --->


    408 by boostedpower, on Flickr



    425 by boostedpower, on Flickr



    435 by boostedpower, on Flickr



    Then I cut away a little bit of each side so make room for the newer, thicker Control surface...


    442 by boostedpower, on Flickr



    Making room for everything to come together (rough draft, no hinges yet)...


    444 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    447 by boostedpower, on Flickr




    Then Time For Hinges!


    459 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    460 by boostedpower, on Flickr



    Then, The inevitable happened... A piece of foam that wasn't supposed to break off, Did....


    462 by boostedpower, on Flickr






    A little 20min Epoxy later....


    463 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    465 by boostedpower, on Flickr

  4. #4
    On the plane...


    467 by boostedpower, on Flickr

    put a little Scotch tape on as support for the hinges, added a few slits with a razor after to improve movement..


    469 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    474 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    494 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    For test purposes...


    491 by boostedpower, on Flickr




    And paint for another day, want to see how well this works and bring some thin sandpaper for parts that are rubbing before paint! Let me know what you guys think!

  5. #5
    And as far as the landing gear failure, fix, crash, and then rebuild, I have done this for reinforcement so that NEVER happens again, because grass and apparently tracks with grip will tear the landing gear to shreds...


    483 by boostedpower, on Flickr

    Popsicle sticks broken with needle nose pliers and two seprate coats of 20min Epoxy... First coat is to fill cracks, second is to fill and coat.... *Note: I removed the front landing gear and top piece secured buy two screws to keep any moving parts from seizing*


    478 by boostedpower, on Flickr



    480 by boostedpower, on Flickr



    484 by boostedpower, on Flickr


    This One Came Out UGLYYYY!! But it is Solid as they come!


    479 by boostedpower, on Flickr



    Undertail...


    481 by boostedpower, on Flickr
    Last edited by Boostedpower; 09-07-2013 at 07:17 AM.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:09 AM.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.