Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Smile .60 Ultra Stik Fuselage needed

This is insane.
    I haven't flown in 3 years, (divorce and re-marriage). Haven't touched an X-acto blade or a drop of CA in this time either.
    Today, I'm killing time cruising the forums and stumble upon a fella looking to rebuild an Ultra Stik that was given to him.
    As I read his post, I recalled posting my own thread on this airplane 5 or so years back. I looked that post up in archives
    thinking I could give this fella a leg up on his challenge.
    I read my entire thread and suddenly realized, I MISS FLYING THIS AIRPLANE! I mean, REALLY...
    I have 2 wings, (one with and one w/o flaps) and tail surfaces sitting in a corner in the basement. All I'd need is a FUSELAGE...
    or at least a partial one cause I'm fairly good at rebuilding, (yeah, I'm THAT kinda pilot, lol)
    So, since I have no templates or plans, I'm puttin' this out to y'all

Thanks!
    Don
    Ah yes, snakes in the cockpit....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Here's what I have drawn up. It is not complete as far as the wing, but the fuse and tail feathers are done. This is to scale and in Vector format. It can be laser cut or cnc cut. Hope this helps?
    Mike

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mkoe; 11-13-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by mkoe View Post
    Here's what I have drawn up. It is not complete as far as the wing, but the fuse and tail feathers are done. This is to scale and in Vector format. It can be laser cut or cnc cut. Hope this helps?
    Mike

AWESOME job! I'm envious of your talent. I'm a scratch builder at heart and truly appreciate quality plans. Yours are top notch.
    Thank you very much. These are EXACTLY what I need. I'll be way interested in your final wing plans as well.
    One of the things I truly admire about this site is all the great people wanting to lend a hand to those in need. KUDOS.

I don't have access to laser or CNC so I'll be cutting these by hand. As clean and precise as they are, it will be a SNAP!

Thank you once more!

Regards,
    Don

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    No problem, Thanks for the Kudos.
    Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Mike
    Hey, if you decide to do the wing as well, I'll be on my way to my first "plans-build."
    RC_Fanatic -- Club Saito member #807

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Fanatic View Post
    Hey, if you decide to do the wing as well, I'll be on my way to my first "plans-build."
    Don't plan on that happening anytime soon. It is not on my priority list at all. The second page shows half of a wing rib placement. The fuse page has the rib profile, so I would think anyone with some basic kit building skills should be able to make a wing from what is drawn? Just need to add, the wingtip design of your choice, make the ailerons and or aileron/flap combo.
    mk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Don't plan on that happening anytime soon. It is not on my priority list at all. The second page shows half of a wing rib placement. The fuse page has the rib profile, so I would think anyone with some basic kit building skills should be able to make a wing from what is drawn? Just need to add, the wingtip design of your choice, make the ailerons and or aileron/flap combo.
    mk
    Haven't built a kit in 50 years but I can probably figure out how to set up ailerons and flaps from some of my ARF's.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by PointMagu View Post
    This is insane.
    I haven't flown in 3 years, (divorce and re-marriage). Haven't touched an X-acto blade or a drop of CA in this time either.
    Today, I'm killing time cruising the forums and stumble upon a fella looking to rebuild an Ultra Stik that was given to him.
    As I read his post, I recalled posting my own thread on this airplane 5 or so years back. I looked that post up in archives
    thinking I could give this fella a leg up on his challenge.
    I read my entire thread and suddenly realized, I MISS FLYING THIS AIRPLANE! I mean, REALLY...
    I have 2 wings, (one with and one w/o flaps) and tail surfaces sitting in a corner in the basement. All I'd need is a FUSELAGE...
    or at least a partial one cause I'm fairly good at rebuilding, (yeah, I'm THAT kinda pilot, lol)
    So, since I have no templates or plans, I'm puttin' this out to y'all

Thanks!
    Don
    I know what you mean. The ultra stick 60 is also one of my favorites. So much so, I have had 2. I have an Ultra Stick Lite sporting a G26 hanging the garage. I just finished a complete refurbish this Summer. Once the weather improves, it will be ready to put back in the air. I wish they were still available.
    Will add something clever and witty if I ever come up with something.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Here is the Original Ugly Stik wing for reference. It's not the same but will give you an idea.
    MK

UStikWing.pdf

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Here is the Original Ugly Stik wing for reference. It's not the same but will give you an idea.
    MK

UStikWing.pdf
    Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Fanatic View Post
    Thanks.
    No Problem.
    MK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I took the CAD fuselage plan to STAPLES. Had it enlarged and it turned out PERFECT.

Even though the plans show laser-cut templates, I simply drew straight over those for "standard" balsa wood cutting on a band saw.

My original wing fits the saddle like a glove and hope to have my Stick back in the air this Spring...

Thank you!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by PointMagu View Post
    I took the CAD fuselage plan to STAPLES. Had it enlarged and it turned out PERFECT.

Even though the plans show laser-cut templates, I simply drew straight over those for "standard" balsa wood cutting on a band saw.

My original wing fits the saddle like a glove and hope to have my Stick back in the air this Spring...

Thank you!
    I'm happy it worked out. : )

mk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I had a Midwest Sweet Stik 30 years ago, great airplane! I stuck a first generation OS Wankel rotary on it. The engine ran great but bled fuel like you had opened an artery!
    Top Flite Brotherhood # 1
    Sig Brotherhood #21
    Ryan STA/STM/SC-M/W Brotherhood # 27
    SIG Kadet Brotherhood # 89
    Cub Brotherhood #179
    Goldberg Tiger # 73
    Vice President of the not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, Warbird brotherhood
    Founder and president of the Builders Slower Than a Dead Turtle Nailed to a Fence Post Association
    My bench where you always find the weird and unusual!
    I bought a reusable kit the other day, it came with it's own large black trash bag!