Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Outlaw Delta, Plans help please

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Outlaw Delta, Plans help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 04:43 AM
nmacwarbirds

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Outlaw Delta, Plans help please

Dear All
My Outlaw Delta, decided to dive straight into the ground (radio problems)some weeks ago.

I am hoping to have it repaired for an event at Osbournby on Sunday the 27th of September 2009.

I know there was a plan released for this model, before it was made into an artf.

Does anyone have a plan, that I could buy or borrow please.
I need the rib shapes, forward of the main spar.

Thank you in advance.

Regards Phil G.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:42 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Outlaw Delta, Plans help please

I own a set of the original Outlaw plans designed by Jerry L Smith, I would sell them to you if you like, but I can assure you it will not help you out as they are really totally differant in there method of construction. I tried to some how match the missing motor front half side to build a cowl for electric and it was not even close.

I never built one from the plans because of how unique of a build design, lots of stringer stuff and with washout and anhedral if you got it wrong it would not fly right.

My suggestion is to look for a crashed Outlaw ARF, I just threw one away after 6 months collecting dust. Outlaw pilots hang out in the Extreme speed forum at RCU

Good Luck
Old 09-18-2009, 07:22 AM
nmacwarbirds

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Outlaw Delta, Plans help please

Dear C/F
Thank you for the advice, I think I will take the wing skin off the right hand wing panel,
which is not damaged. This will expose the ribs in front of the spar, thus allowing me to copy them.

I am surprised the artf (which I have) is significantly different from the plan version.

How much do you want for the plans, I could then build a complete new one.
The Outlaw really does fly very well indeed and was great fun for the six flights it lasted.
I live in the UK.

Regards Phil G.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:19 PM
unclegeorge
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you still have a set of plans for the Outlaw delta from this old, old posting. Let me know, [email protected]