Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Death of my Flyzone Beaver

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Death of my Flyzone Beaver

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 09:44 AM
manks7477

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death of my Flyzone Beaver

Bought the plane last year, because it was quick and easy to take to a park, get a flight or two in and go home - going to the club is a 1/2 day deal and I have such limited time these days.

I think I have had over 100 flights on this plane, a few tip overs on landing, one bad crash where I hit some telephone wires, and one very hard landing, but everything was repairable - until Thursday.

Flying with a camera for the first time, wanting to see how things looked from the air. Good flight overall, but the plane got a bit far away from me, and I lost orientation whent he plane blended into the grey sky.

Plane went into the trees, hit the right wing, tearing it off, the carbon fibre spar, ripped through the fuse, plane nosed in hard, breaking the nose off at the landing gear.

Airframe was a total write off, the only option I had was to salvage. Left wing and tail are not damaged, all electronics are fine, motor is good, but the resst is done.

Went to the hobby shop and bought a replacement Friday and have 5 successful flights on that one already.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	plane Dauntlass 009.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	1996563   Click image for larger version

Name:	plane Dauntlass 011.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1996564  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Avistarpilot

Looks like a hell of a ride but sounds like you got some good use out of it. Glad you found a replacement with successful flights. Any video of the plane when it went down?
Old 05-24-2014, 10:39 PM
bikerbc

They sure are a fun plane . A great value for your buck with that one I my opinion . Did you manage to get some float use out of it ? that is a lot of fun .They fly great off their floats .
Old 12-30-2014, 10:06 PM
kofi1013

I am about to retire my flyzone Beaver. any alternatives for the motor? please contact me at [email protected]