Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Crashed My Revolver 70

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Crashed My Revolver 70

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Malapp1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed My Revolver 70

After a mid air that sheared a wing panel in half, I managed to land safely. Went home and got a wing panel that I dug out of the trash. Installed a new servo in the wing. Everything checked out fine. Went back to the field and took off. On the climb out, I added a little left aileron. The plane rolled several times before it hit the ground. Could not get any aileron control. After taking it all apart, I discovered that I put a Hightek servo in the left wing and a Spektrum servo in the right. Any ideas if this was my problem using a JR XG8'transmitter.
Old 12-21-2014, 10:16 PM
alan0899

G'day Mate
First off, did you do a complete preflight check, & make sure everything was working in the right direction, & second, Spektrum servos & Hitec servos have different splines, so you must use Spektrum or JR servo arms on Spectrum servos, & Hitec servo arms on Hitec servos.

Cheers.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:29 AM
Malapp1

Yes, I did all of the above!
Old 12-22-2014, 06:14 PM
ercobud
My Feedback: (1)

I remember reading a thread about flaps not long ago, the guy couldn't get them to work the same way. somebody suggested using a JR servo and a Hitec servo since they worked opposite. I remembered then one time I replaced a JR with a Hitec and I had to reverse the servo with the transmitter. I think you screwed up Dude.