Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Repair and restoring questions.

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Repair and restoring questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 12:07 PM
jimmy7432

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair and restoring questions.

Im getting ready to restore the first kit I built. Its had several crashes and has been repaired several times but still flies well. Its a trainer and would like to keep it maybe to use as a trainer for some friends who have shown interest in the hobby plus it has some sentamental value. I've repaired the covering a few times but I now want to completely take the covering off and recover. Any suggestions on the easiest way to take the old Mono coat off? Do I want to reaply heat or just pull it off. Also any parts of the plane that have had some fuel get on the wood. Any suggestions on how to treat the wood to reaply Monoicoat?
Old 01-11-2015, 02:27 PM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Heat helps to remove old covering and get yourself a can of K2-R spot lifter, spray it on the fuel soaked areas, allow to dry and wipe away, this may take a couple of applications but it does work good.

Bob

Last edited by sensei; 01-11-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:46 PM
klord125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X2 what Sensei said....