Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Firebird Commander vs. Slowstick

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Firebird Commander vs. Slowstick

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 10:56 PM
bribri543

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebird Commander vs. Slowstick

This was a sad sad case, but luckily everything came out relativley uninjured. Me and my dad were at the soccer fields today and I had just put my slowstick down. My dad readied his plane for takeoff and I got the camera. Throttle at 100% and his plane was going, just then I turned my head in time to see a sickening mid-ground collision (heh) It plowed into my plane's wing and we just stood there in silence at my fallen comrade. I inspected the damage and found that it really wasn't as bad as I though it was at first. Only a tiny chunk out of the wing, so I was still able to get my flight in.

When I got home I got my first attempt at repair, and since I was smart enough to pick up all the foam pieces littered about the parking lot it was pretty simple to put together the puzzle of red foam.

Just wanted to post my first incedent, I wouldn't quite consider it a crash...
Pics are Before and after repairs...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53738.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	84848   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35506.jpg
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	84849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64117.jpg
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	84850  
Old 12-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Col. K0rn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Firebird Commander vs. Slowstick

Nice repair!

As it so happened, my buddy had an Aerobird, and I had a Commander. Actually, the first planes we both owned. This was before I joined the AMA, and the local club. We went to a middle school's football practice field, and would fly there. As it turns out, the first day that we both flew together, we were playing follow the leader. As fate would have it, even with all that frickin airspace, we had a mid-air. We laughed our butts off, cause his plane chopped my wing, and it folded in half. It then commenced to do a death spiral into the ground. Luckily for me, I had a spare wing. Popped it on, and finished the battery pack. Those planes are fun to fly...