Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Ever Been "Shot Down"

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Ever Been "Shot Down"

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 12:50 AM
travis
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever beeen shot down?

Hey Guys,
I have had a nice new plane shot down and it happens. Lesson learned- Check and see who is on your freq. and USE A FREQUENCY BOARD. If it happens, be an Ambassador for our SPORT, not an a--. A lot can be obtained by talking it through. No one should fly in a place that there is not some sort of order or if you do, suffer the penality. My 2 Cents on the matter...Travis
Old 12-09-2002, 01:01 AM
Bob Payne
My Feedback: (8)

Default Ever Been "Shot Down"

Freq bd was in place where i was flying, but some people just dont give
a rats a-- they seem to make up there own rules
at times
thats ok I have the same Freq as he does and will let him know
next time he's up in the air of course I'll ask him what freq he is on before turning on my radio.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:36 AM
travis

Default Shot Down

Remember: Speak softly and Carry a BIG STICK...When talking does no good.....Merry Christmas to all.....Travis
Old 12-09-2002, 02:59 AM
Low Wing
My Feedback: (1)

Default I HEAR YA...BUT

EASY >EASY> EASY>I CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR ANGRY...BUT' DON'T PLAY THAT GAME...BE THE BIGGER MAN...SOMEONE COULD GET HURT...THIS IS WHERE WE TURN THE OTHER CHEEK...LOL...not a thing not a chicken wing
Old 12-09-2002, 04:49 AM
FlooredCOBRA

True! Or you can just literally shoot him down. Then just say "OOP's, I'm sorry"..........j/k nahh that would be bad
Old 12-09-2002, 05:16 AM
travis

Default Shot Down

To all involved,
In the True Spirit of Christmas, Just forgive them, call them friend, then RUN OVER THEIR PLANE AND SAY WOOPS, DID I DO THAT !!!!!!!!???????Travis...
Old 12-09-2002, 07:05 AM
FlooredCOBRA

good one!....
Old 12-10-2002, 02:45 PM
jclittle
My Feedback: (99)

Unless he is a complete moran, he has something called liability insurance on his apt, or home. He should turn in a claim to his insurance company, that is why you buy it. Damage to an RC airplane is no different than if your child destroys your neighbor's property.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:18 PM
Tom02
My Feedback: (3)

Originally posted by jlittle
Unless he is a complete moran, he has something called liability insurance on his apt, or home. He should turn in a claim to his insurance company, that is why you buy it. Damage to an RC airplane is no different than if your child destroys your neighbor's property.
Jlittle is right on this. My friend's father shot some one down like 5 years ago at a contest. The guy flying was registered on ch 34 but was flying on 16. My friend's dad walks down turns his stuff on, and instantly Q-40 goes in. Long story short, he paid for it, then put a claim in on his homeowners and they reimbursed him.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:41 PM
Bob Parker
My Feedback: (18)

Default Shot down

Tom02 If I read your post right your friend`s dad was ok. If he got pin #16 and turned on he was right. The guy that was flying on the wrong pin would be at fault, he should have had pin #16 That`s if I read your thread right.
Old 12-11-2002, 04:03 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

I got shot down about 14 years ago at an airshow. I was flying a new TopFlight P-47 (wonderful flying bird with a ST 90 and retracts) and someone pulled up in the parking area, and decides to run up his engine. My plane flew about 1/2 mile away doing climbing rolls, half loops, etc... till it was just a speck in the sky and then finally started decending straight down doing all sorts of maneuvers. It went in wide open straight down. The guy never said sorry, just packed up and went back to his home. My dad and I were soooooo ticked!! I know how you must have felt!
Old 12-12-2002, 12:06 AM
Low Wing

Default That sucks

Hey deckerv...Did you ever see that guy again...how did you come about knowing that he did it...Have you or anyone else ever talked to him about it in the last 14 year's...
Old 12-12-2002, 03:20 PM
microproflyer
My Feedback: (3)

I wasflying atourclubfieldhere in Seattle, I had properly gottenthe frequency pin,andwasinstructingmy son-in-law. He saidthe planewasflying "funny" andhecouldn't keep it straight. Then it had an uncommanded throttle glitch,then a pitch up glitch. Iimmediately landed it. Atthesame time, another club member ran up to us,asking us if we were on Ch28? yes, did we have a problem? yes, OOOPPPSSS!!!, she had taken the WRONG frequency pin!!, and was doing a radio check, with the antena down, would have been a different story had the antena been up! This was the ONLY time i have NOT checked with everyone as to which frequency they were on! Little rule I normally don't break, and will not again!! ALWAYS get a face to face acnowlegement on sharing frequencies!! Yes the bonehead at the beginning owes the gent he shot down a plane!! Dennis in Seattle
Old 12-12-2002, 05:49 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

I like the idea of be nice and asking them to simply pay for their mistake.....And if they dont want to.....Smash ALL the widows out of their car, and then their TEETH! Most of the people in this sport are very nice and diplomatic..... So here is my warning: if you ditch a plane PAY FOR IT! because their could be someone like me waiting to "NEGOCIATE THE PRICE"! Come on, your not so ignorant to think I'm joking are you? That would be a BIG MISTAKE!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 06:24 PM
Crashem

Originally posted by TODD MARSH
I like the idea of be nice and asking them to simply pay for their mistake.....And if they dont want to.....Smash ALL the widows out of their car, and then their TEETH! Most of the people in this sport are very nice and diplomatic.....and then their are people like me! So here is my warning: if you ditch a plane PAY FOR IT! because their could be someone like me waiting to "NEGOCIATE THE PRICE"! Come on, your not so ignorant to think I'm joking are you? That would be a BIG MISTAKE!!!
Funny thing about this type of attitude is you never can fully sure about the other person!!!!

FOOD For Thought

About to years ago on my way home from work I passed a guy on the road. For about 5 miles he's tailgating me flashing his lights make rude gestures and trying to get me to pull over I finaly pull over get out of my car he jumps out swearing that I cut him off and his going to beat my ***** now this guy BIG (aren't they all) and dressed like the stereotypical "biker" shaved head whole nine yards... Anyhow I'm in a suit and try so he decides to come over and start something before he gets 10 feet out pops my AK-47 WOOPS maybe we should rethink the course of action.

A true story.... But not the brightest moment in my life..

Anyhow my point is you never can be 100% sure of the other guys reaction. Caution and Legal intevention will probably be better in the long run
Old 12-12-2002, 06:42 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Well, I appreciate your input, CRASHEM! You are absolutely correct about being legal and diplomatic......at first. But their are some people who only understand coming down to their level. I am not ADVOCATING such action, only pointing out that some people deal with situations differently. The obvious thing is, to be a man, and own up to your mistakes. Some people don't feel it necessary to do that though, and my post was meant to enlighten those people who feel it they don't pay, their wont be consequences, either right then and there, or in court. I can appreciate your story though, I bet that biker crapped his pants when the gun went off! Probably forgot all about supposedly being "cut off"!!! HaHa!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 06:46 PM
Crashem

I bet that biker crapped his pants when the gun went off!
Gun never went off. But you are right about the attitude reversal.

I know what you're saying people should own up to their mistakes.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:34 PM
knpjdad
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow!! Always heard people were tough in NY... Now I know!!

That's Funny!
Old 12-12-2002, 09:39 PM
Low Wing

Default guns guns guns

I had a road rage thing like that...This guy was freaking on me...I had know idea what I had done...He blew by me off the interstate onto a exit ramp in downtown nashville, got out of his truck with a tire iron...This guy was also your average third grade graduate, three teeth. yelling come on you mother f----------- swinging his tire iron...I just drove around him smiled and headed off to work with my Colt 45 right there under the seat...I call that gun control...
Old 12-14-2002, 08:04 PM
WRXlovr

sorry,gotta raise the BS flag on the ak-47
Old 12-15-2002, 04:05 AM
FlooredCOBRA

well guess it sounded better than saying he pulled out his rocket launcher..
Old 12-15-2002, 05:18 AM
Low Wing

Default fun---------ny

Hope you guy's didn't think I was talkn' bout a gun or something...I was referring to my breakfast drink colt 45...I know we can't get no tall tails by you feller's...yer to smart for us...
Old 12-15-2002, 03:03 PM
FlooredCOBRA

oooooh Colt 45 the drink.......well guess that sounded better than saying " I then pulled out my Mad Dog 20/20)"

Old 12-15-2002, 03:45 PM
Low Wing

Default yep

Alrighty-then...Now we can continue this post from here entitled "Ever Shot Yourself Down" I thought you were funny on that first post...Now I see you just got lucky...peace out...
Old 12-15-2002, 04:58 PM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

What say were done with this, alright?