Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Dura Plane and Solo Crash Pics

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Dura Plane and Solo Crash Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 05:11 PM
FlyingMonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dura Plane and Solo Crash Pics

The dura crashed from a failed transmitter. The solo almost made it 10 feet off the ground after a hand launch. The dura is mine and the solo is a Friend's. The dura is already fixed and ready to go, and the solo is well RIP. The crashes were yesterday. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81442.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	99228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34904.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	99229   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92960.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	99230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv59069.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	99231  
Old 02-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Primodus
My Feedback: (56)

Default RE: Dura Plane and Solo Crash Pics

WOW! Y[X(]ou must be some pilot to dodge that many branches and trees to get that far into the woods!

Luke
Old 02-09-2004, 05:50 PM
volkan

ouch repairs?
Old 02-09-2004, 09:34 PM
FlyingMonkey

Hence the nick name FlyingMonkey!
Old 02-09-2004, 09:56 PM
FlyingMonkey

I think your asking about repairs. If not I just wasted 2 minutes! The solo trainer is not repairable with what was left.. rebuild.. yes, but I don't think he will. He will buy another plane. The dura on the other hand was very repairable. I bent the tail back in-line, repaired the elevator, reworked what was left of the engine mount by cutting it flush making a firewall out of it, and mounting another engine mount to it. The wing has aluminum U channel inserted by the factory for strength. The wing was broke in half, but the channel was still intact but bent. I removed the channel and bent it back to its original shape. I then glued the wing back on. I repaired the ale's and mounted the engine. Its not in perfect shape, but its a dura so it doesn't matter. It looks like a tank that just came back from battle! This plane has seen it all and is still going. I will fly this plane until it wont fly anymore. Not only is it fun it is very tuff. The funny thing is the solo hit a plowed field from only about 9 feet and not up to speed. The dura went down through 30 to 40 feet of oak trees hitting every limb on the way down, not to mention traveling very fast. Sounds like gun shots as it descended through the oaks. Here is a pic of the repaired dura.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14000.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	99330  
Old 02-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Skeletor

I once saw a duraplane cartwheel down the runwy. It was flying again in about 30 min. When the fuse got totalled, it was replaced with a plastic gutter downspout. very durable and fairly aerobatic. Although I'm not sure if some of the aerobatics were intentional. hehehe could have been an attempt to regain control but pretty cool to watch.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:43 PM
FlyingMonkey

LOL. Yeah it is pretty aerobatic for a flying tank. I was supprised at what it would do, and more supprised at how much of a beating it would endure.