Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Near crash with my heli

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Near crash with my heli

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 04:54 AM
joeh100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Near crash with my heli

I grabbed my mainblades and pull started my xcell gas graphite heli. The throttle was a little high and the clutch kicked in. I let go and went for the transmitter to throttle back. OOPS!!! I forgot to turn the reciever on. The heli ran @ about 1/4 throttle and there was nothing I could do. I couldn't get to it without being chopped up. Anyway a gasser will run for about 2 hours @ low throttle. After about a half hour I modified a long pole to switch the receiver on. Luckily I was flying pcm and didn't receive interference. But I was nervous for quit some time. It would have been hard to blame this one on mechanical failure (Always my excuse).

LOL

JOe

Old 03-24-2003, 03:58 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Near crash with my heli

Sounds pretty wild. We had one at a fly in clip a safety fence and slam itself to the ground. Once it hit the battery
went flying off and there it was. Full throttle , half a tank of fuel, and flopping around in the pit area.
After about a minute the owner finally got close enough to stomp it and pull the fuel line. Could have been
a lot worse as there was half a dozen pilots and some nice airplanes all within a 20ft circle.
later daveo