Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Opps I messed up!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Opps I messed up!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 07:39 PM
BULL-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opps I messed up!

Was out to the field in NY... Spring time finally.... Was flying my Eindecker. I had 2 flights on it. My son had 1 flight on the buddy box too. A guy I know from the hobby shop who flys on the Sim was standing behind us. I've watch him on the sim and even helped him. One of they guys suggested to let him fly it on the box. He has his AMA so I decided to let him fly it. I took it off and let him take control. He was doing a great job. After about 5 fin in the air I only had to correct him twice, more on my concern then his. He had commented he was in control and was ok and that I didn't need to worry. Another guy had commented YEA but it's his plane and his worry and laughed! Any how, he had the plane closer then I liked to the ground so I instructed him to take it up higher... He agreed and started to climb flying directly away from me which is bad for viewing position. Not sure what happend, but next second top was facing me heading straight down to the ground with no time to recover. Placed the engine 6 inches into the ground. The plane was a long ways away from so no danger to any people.

No blame on the new guy... I should have never let him have control so close to the ground. I know he felt really bad and he offered to buy me a new plane. I'm sorry that I let him crash and hope I didn't make him lose his confidence... Lesson learned on my part, I'll never make the mistake again... 3 mistakes high... Plane loss doesn't even bother me... Just my stupidity.... erks me. Person in the pic my son... He loved the plane...

New one will be here next week!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91382.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	123361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38180.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	123362  
Old 04-17-2004, 08:17 PM
ArmyROTC

Default RE: Opps I messed up!

Thats rough to hear! But you deff cant go back and change history. Just get a new kit and start over! I know a man in my club who just got the same plane that you have. How do you like yours..till it went into the ground? Maby it was just a bad day from what I read on the forums, One guy did a cartwheel with his trainer today at the field. He is at home right now im sure putting it back together! Good luck with the next plane!
Old 04-17-2004, 09:20 PM
BULL-RCU

As far as the plane goes... I loved it... It cost $109.00 and where ever I took it people loved to watch it fly... I usually fly it real scale like very slow... Super stable... A great buy for the money... If it's what you're looking for. I flew mine with an ASP/ Magnum 61 four stoke... a perfect match for the plane... Great sound and could fly 20 min on a tank of fuel and still have some left.

Tomorrow suposed to be nice so it will be WACO BIP & Shoestring time...

Name:	Nk27720.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	123415   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49161.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	123416  
Old 04-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Charles H. Larson
My Feedback: (4)

Looks like it is fixable. I wouldn't give up on it yet. sorry for your loss
Old 04-17-2004, 09:33 PM
BULL-RCU

Looks it from the outside, but the whole inside of the left wing is broken... plus tons of tother damage... $109 for a new one... Easier to buy a new one then fix this.. I'll save what I can for spare parts and serve up the rest to the RC flight GODS as a pease offering... LOL
Old 04-18-2004, 04:55 PM
conradj87
My Feedback: (1)

Maybe try to fix up your crshed one and give it to your son? since you already have a new one on the way it wouldn't hurt too much if it were to go in again.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:49 PM
JamesMHarvey

ORIGINAL: BULL-RCU

As far as the plane goes... I loved it... It cost $109.00 and where ever I took it people loved to watch it fly... I usually fly it real scale like very slow... Super stable... A great buy for the money... If it's what you're looking for. I flew mine with an ASP/ Magnum 61 four stoke... a perfect match for the plane... Great sound and could fly 20 min on a tank of fuel and still have some left.

Tomorrow suposed to be nice so it will be WACO BIP & Shoestring time...

Looks like a Tri-fokker in the background of the second picture. Is that thing built yet?
Old 04-19-2004, 03:39 PM
BULL-RCU

No the fokker is not built yet... Just picked up a Magnum 91 fs for it... Plan of finishing that this month. Want it for the fun Fly in June. One of the guys just finished an Snoopy Dog house and wants me to have it ready so we an fly together... Just finishing up my Gee Bee... Could have had it done long ago, but been debating of how to mount the landing gear and get them forward enough so I reduce the nose overs...

Name:	Hf98466.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	124081   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74361.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	124082