Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

SU-35 Video

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

SU-35 Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 05:54 AM
raptor11
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU-35 Video

http://bemil.chosun.com/movie%20link/SU-35.wmv

Check this out!!
RAPTOR-11
FLY, FIGHT, WIN!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 06:35 AM
volkan

Default RE: SU-35 Video

wheres the crash![:@]
Old 05-03-2004, 04:47 PM
DTB
My Feedback: (15)

This video is too cool...
Old 05-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Spdrmnky

Crazy Video....
Old 05-19-2004, 03:05 AM
Tailwheel Pilot
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks--great video
Old 05-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Hobbies for Fun
My Feedback: (4)

How in the world does the airframe withstand the intense stress encountered during those manuvers????

Too bad the russian goverment is to broek to put it into full scale production, would make for an interesting dogfight with a F-22.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:11 AM
CP140

It's a cool aircraft. There aren't that many that can do a cobra and keep the engines lit. I noticed the nozzles moving near the start of the second segment...wonder if the flight control system allows for thrust vectoring... it must...no reason for the nozzles to move like that otherwise. That plus the canards must make it as maneuverable as it is...

As for the Russians not putting it into production...speaking as one who has worn a flight suit...I'm glad I won't have to worry about them too much!
Old 05-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Daryl Martel
My Feedback: (3)

Don't have to worry! The Chinese have 'em! India too. Check out this excellent, informative website... http://www.duffeyk.fsnet.co.uk/su-27_variants.html

IMO the Flanker in the canard/vectored thrust configuration is likely untouchable in a dogfight. Looks like it could fly circles around an F-15, and maybe a Harrier too! The F-22 is designed to be a stealthy long range hitter. Dogfighting is a last resort in combat - pilots try desperately not to have to get that close in. Of course they have to be capable if a situation degrades to that.... The technology now is very interesting - use an AWACS standing back at a safe range to paint the target, data link the target info forward to a stealthy fighter equipped with long range stand off missles, and hopefully you don't have to get in close to engage. Looks to me like the Russians have the edge right now in aerodynamics and maneuverability, and the U.S. the edge in stealth and avionics/radar/communication (electronics) technology.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Lefte
My Feedback: (1)

It will always take second to the F-15 fighter jet. Of course I'm a United Stated Air Force Man (F-15 Rider)

Of course it's just an opinion...if you don't like it I have others...lol

Lefty
[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 05-31-2004, 09:23 AM
crashtestpiolet

thats 6 min 37 sec i'll never get back lol......
Old 06-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very impressive fighter and like in the earlier post India and China have them with Indonesia wanting them and Malaysia with 27s. Nasty nasty bit of kit.

Our poor old RAAF still has F/A-18 A models which are no real match in a dogfight, out ranged in radar and missiles. At least we are getting helmet mounted sigting and an infared system plus new generation ASRAAM in place of the old AIM9L plus AMRAAM in place of sparrow.

Once our AWACS come on stream then we will stand a chance. My opioin is to stay well out of their range and do as per earlier post, data link to AWACS then shoot a AMRAAM down the bearing and bug out ASAP.

Lets just hope the rules of engagement permit such scenarios and we are not forced to visually ID before firing. I think in that case there will be a lot of vacant spots on the ramp.

cheers
PEter
Old 06-22-2004, 11:44 AM
crashburn4ever

Great video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Spdrmnky

It must put a lot of stress on the wings...
Old 06-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Luke 3D returns

Reckon the Eurofighter typhoon can kick its arse.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:46 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Daryl Martel

The technology now is very interesting - use an AWACS standing back at a safe range to paint the target, data link the target info forward to a stealthy fighter equipped with long range stand off missles, and hopefully you don't have to get in close to engage. Looks to me like the Russians have the edge right now in aerodynamics and maneuverability, and the U.S. the edge in stealth and avionics/radar/communication (electronics) technology.

The thing is, electronics/radar can be jammed, but you can't jam a more manueverable aircraft!
Old 06-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Daryl Martel
My Feedback: (3)

Experience has shown the best defence is a good offence. Why put yourself in greater harm than necessary? Current combat logic is "risk analysis" to the max - look at a typical fighter battle scenario: dissimilar fighter types approach each other in for example four ship formations. Radar gives a reasonably accurate identification even from beyond visual range. Intelligence has already briefed the pilots on the likely threats and warloads - each oponents capabilities are reasonably known to each side. The fighters are heavy with ordnance and external tanks, so much so they wouldn't do well in a close in turning engagement at this point. Heavier long range "fire and forget" missles are fired first from "stand off" distance, aircraft radar emission stopped and both sides continue to close, perhaps taking advantage of jamming. As both sides continue to close, despite jamming, deploying chaff, flares and evasive maneuvering, some missles find their target. External tanks are jettisoned for close in engagement. There hasn't been a lot of turning and burning up to this point, the aircraft just being "weapons platforms". Short range missle engagement ensues, both sides trying to evade missles and gain a position to take advantage of their aircrafts strengths and exploit the others weaknesses. It's all over quickly and fuel is now becoming critical. Perhaps a few aircraft have loosed all their missles and are locked in a tight dog fight relying on the cannon to get shots off. If both weapons systems were well matched, just a handful of the original group remain, the majority shot down or running for home out of missles and low on fuel. Imagine having a technical advantage that gives you the "edge" where close in combat is rarely necessary - all of a sudden the U.S. strategy to develop stealth, internal weapons bays, enough internal fuel capacity to negate the requirement for external tanks (less drag), and "super cruise" capability makes sense. The push is to make both the aircraft and weapons have more long range "punch". The boxer with the longer reach has an advantage. Time will tell if the F-22 can turn and burn with the big dogs - maybe it won't have to. With the advent of UAVs, the game takes an even bigger twist... without the need to care for a pilot the airframe can pull more "G", weighs less and frees up more room for fuel and munitions.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:02 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Default So much for the f-15c superiority theory

For the latest on the F-15 superiority, see this thread.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/US/06/23...eut/index.html
Old 06-24-2004, 09:14 AM
photoniq

is it 2 stroke or 4? Do you think they use after run oil in it? So will this be a good first kit plane for me to build? Should I glass it with poly or with epoxy? Will the Springair retracts work - if so should i get 85 degree or 90 degree ones?

So many questions.. so little time...

Old 06-24-2004, 10:01 AM
Funtana_Cody
Banned

Good thing they're not in production, otherwise we would be screwed in the event of a war. Oh by the way, an F-15 has never been shot down.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:57 AM
YS-I-DO
My Feedback: (-1)

F-15's must have Saitos. Right, Cody?
Old 06-24-2004, 12:09 PM
Funtana_Cody
Banned

right...lol
Old 06-24-2004, 09:44 PM
runover1
My Feedback: (10)

Did you notice how hard both landings were. If I did that with a model I would be eating a lot of gear.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Crazy-Ace 316

Great video!!
Old 06-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Frankenthumb
My Feedback: (2)

i don't know, that manuver looks cool, but notice that every time he does he has to trade ALOT of altituide for airspeed. So between that and having to pour on the throttle (wasting fuel) to get back to a respectable speed and stay in the fight I think he has just given back whatever advantage that manuver was supposed to gain him.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:54 PM
impulse

You guys don't honestly think we don't have a plane that can out match that? It's just hidden at area 51 right now lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.