Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Remember to turn plane on!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Remember to turn plane on!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 01:25 PM
Blackie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remember to turn plane on!!!!

Saturday, it starts out with my AW edge 90 size after a good month on the work bench going over and fixing play in the elevator tightening up the pull-pull system on rudder and adjusting the valves on the Saito 100 etc... In the mean time I had been flying my other planes Aresti and SS 60, when the time came for me to fly the Edge I had a touch of nervousness set in. I fueled up checked all the controls, grabbed the pin and positioned myself in the starting mode. Switched on radio and grabbed the starter, cranked up the Saito 100, to my surprise it went to full throttle. I tried my best to throttle it back down but could not figure out what was going on. I did all I could do to hold the plane from tearing me a new one while waving my hand in the air for help. Luckily the safety officer saw my distress and ran over to help me. He grabbed the plane and allowed me to move behind it. The first thing he asked me was "did you turn the plane on" DOH!! I answered and just dropped my head after switching on the plane and killing the engine with transmitter.

I restarted the plane and got it air born. Found it had too much up elevator as it kept wanting to climb I managed to get the elevator trimmed then started working on the other trims. It had a tendency to turn right so I started giving what I thought was left trim but could not seem to get it trimmed so I went the other way well after much time on the ailerons I had forgotten where I was at and was giving it to much the wrong way and it was all I could do to keep the plane air born so once again I start yelling help! help! One of our 14 year experienced big bird members came to my aid and grabbed the radio and trimmed it to the correct position. It was one hell of a day and I just so happen to have luck on my side as it came down in one piece.
Old 07-10-2002, 01:42 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remember to turn plane on!!!!

Owww