Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

FMA Direct Co-Pilot

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

FMA Direct Co-Pilot

Old 07-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Snowball1952
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMA Direct Co-Pilot

I have the FMA Direct Co-Pilot. It was installed and on in my airplane. I have been using in this plane for a while now and had no problems. However on this occasion I got disorientated and the plane got inverted and in a dive and it crashed. I was able to find most of the parts. However I could not find the sensor for the CO-Pilot. FMA will not do anything. They won't stand behind it. I was offered a $20.00 one time discount. I was not asking them to replace the plane or anything like that. I asked them however for a replacement sensor. I felt this was resonable. That's just my tough luck. So if you send the big bucks for the co-pilot system DON'T BE SO SURE IT WILL SAVE YOU OR THAT FMA DIRECT WILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU EXCEPT $20 TOWARD ANOTHER FMA DIRECT CO-PILOT SYSTEM OR PARTS.
Old 07-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Righty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FMA Direct Co-Pilot

maybe you lost the sensor when it crashed...

I really feel bad about your crash man.. I know how much it sucks.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:26 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: FMA Direct Co-Pilot

Kevin:

You can over ride the FMA Co-Pilot, otherwise you would not be able to climb and dive, or bank the plane. It also will not make the plane immediately come back to level flight.

You had your plane so far from normal flight the system couldn't fight you and control the plane at the same time. By the time you got it inverted you were 'way past the point where you should have let go of the sticks. Don't blame the Co-Pilot, just be grateful FMA will give you a cut on the price of a replacement.

Say "Thank you," and send the money.

Bill.