Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

VF Edge Bites The Big One

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

VF Edge Bites The Big One

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Crash Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VF Edge Bites The Big One

A week or so ago, while all alone at the field (and it was a beautiful flying day, buy the way), my VF 66" Edge bit the big one.

I took off and went to a right bank while climbing. At about 80ft, it suddenly went nose up into the most beautiful and stable hover I have ever seen. Unfortunately the fairly new TT F91S wasn't able to sustain the hover for very long and it stalled. As it dropped and started gaining air speed, I applied elevator to pull it out of the dive. Nothing happened.

Needless to say, it kissed good old mother nature full throttle. Below are a couple of pics of what I got to bring home and cry over.

Considering the impact, I guess it held up pretty well. I actually got an email from VF wanting to know if there was anything they could do to help me get it back flying. Unfortunately, due to my lack of building experience, this is a total loss to me.

Just wanted to share my sorrow,
Old 08-08-2004, 02:25 PM
SkyDude

Default RE: VF Edge Bites The Big One

Sorry to see this Crash Master. That sucks. Did the plane just stop responding? Maybe a battery problem? I hope the engine and electrics survived.

The wings look pretty good. You could get a new fuse and cowl from VF, or just get a new ARF and have these wings as spares. I bet VF would give you a decent discount on a replacement ARF. They're very supportive, as you know.

I'm just taking my new VF Edge out of the box. I have a YS 110 for her, but I'm considering a Saito 100 as the YS may be a bit too much overkill.

Good luck with the repairs/replacement. Everyone should have at least one VF in their hangar!
Old 08-08-2004, 04:52 PM
beavertail

I think the folks at Vector Flight are the greatest. Hope they can stay in business.

I would love to see an Edge a little bigger, like a 90+ size for a YS 110. Id be all over it
Old 08-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Crash Master

SkyDude, the elevator and ailerons (I think) just stopped responding. I don't think it was battery cause I still had throttle control. This is actually the second time in about week that this happened. First time was a few days before on a different plane, but it did the same thing - went nose up right after take off. All the radio gear from both planes are going back to Hitec. I just hope that they get is squared away. I think I'm going to be a little leary of the radio once I get it back until it proves itself again.

VectorFlight is being extremely supportive and I am getting something worked out with them.

Beavertail, I agree with you 1000%. VectorFlight IS the greatest and like you, I hope they have a very long stay in this hobby. I know I will do my best to support them with future purchases.

Also, did you know that there are some Edge owners who are running 120's in them. I don't see why your 110 wouldn't work rather well in what they offer now. Maybe once they get a good hold in the market they will look at bigger models and maybe some 3D's.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:52 PM
LuckyArmpit

Crash, Hitec is pretty good about repairing/replacing radio/servo items. I have sent them at least 4 rx's (3 of them the junky feathers).
They either repair or replace.

Dave...