Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

What yellow matches a Twist????

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

What yellow matches a Twist????

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Dukester
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What yellow matches a Twist????

Anyone know what yellow matches a Twist.....

I was practicing my inverted flight this morning, flying the pattern inverted with low passes down the runway. I made a pass out over the grass on the far side of the runway and was about 3 ft up at 1/2 throttle. A guy was on the runway collecting his trainer and I thought maybe I'm a little close and fast to that guy, so my mind said, "Hey thumb go on and pull out and go around until that guy is clear". My thumb, being a bit deaf heard, "Pull full up." While my thumb is clearly deaf as a rock, his reflexes are suberb, so he immediately pulled full up and the Twist, true to its name, tried to auger in.

The funny part was as soon as my thumb moved, I knew I had doinked it, so all I could do was watch the spectacle as the debris flew far and wide.

The sad part is not the crash as I deserve it for a stunning display of 'deaf thumb'. The real bad part is I finally got the Evolution 46 dialed in and it was running like a champ without as much as a hiccup from idle to WOT.

Oh well, I needed a flight pack anyway for the new plane.

Duke
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11162.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	161806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93093.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	161807  
Old 08-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Fletch124
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: What yellow matches a Twist????

i'm really sorry about the twist but you should try to fly how i fly which is hold the sticks on the controller with your pointer finger and thumb just like if you were holding a string. This style allows for more gentle flight.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Dukester
My Feedback: (31)

I've actually tried both ways and prefer the thumbs only approach. I don't have a problem with smoothness or over-control, I simply pulled a dumb thumbs and was only 0.01 mistakes high.

Duke
Old 08-09-2004, 04:26 PM
red91sit
My Feedback: (2)

Ouch sorry to hear about your accident! It is really tricky when your upside down becuase you have to use your brain not just instincts and instincts always come first

the other day i thought i'd try flying my sky scooter in my back yard (bad idea) and ran right into the swingset, I feel so dumb too becuase after it took off i realized it's gonna hit the swingset if i didn't turn, so i killed power and glided it into it instead of turning[:@].

Are all the expensive bits still okay? from the picture it looks like just the airframe got messed up. At any rate sorry to hear about that, time to go drive some nails to scare thumby into behaving better
Old 08-10-2004, 02:07 AM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

I hate thumbs only flying. The index finger adds much more feeling and depth!!!

"Keep 'Em Flying!"
Flak
Old 08-23-2004, 03:59 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

Ouch........[:@]

The color is "bright Yellow" Ultracote.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:14 PM
rockmon

Looks like a pretty easy fix and they always fly better after a couple of patches.