Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Bird In The Tree

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Bird In The Tree

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 04:40 AM
Low Wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bird In The Tree

Maaaannnnnnn...I wish I could do this story Justis...Ok' quickly...I hate to say new guy(so condensinding)but a new guy was flying his trainer today with another pilot near by...The other guy is a really good pattern flyer who builds his own crapp, bla' bla' bla' ...Anyway the pattern guy can see the new guy coming in the wrong way(wind wise)and suggests that he come around from the right(west)now by this time the pattern guy is just a few feet away from the new guy who cut's the model back behind himself(you tell me)and the trainer heads behind the tree's...he throws the radio to the pattern guy(who's like...try, please try to imagine the look on his face) all ya hear is the motor rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr- wwwaaaaapppp...silence...what a weird moment...the new guy leave's the field pissed at the pattern guy rak-em-smak-em...the pattern guy is pissed as well and the trainer is still in the top of that tree...
Old 07-25-2002, 01:02 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bird In The Tree

It takes all kinds.
Old 07-25-2002, 01:04 PM
Billy Hell
My Feedback: (2)

Default Bird In The Tree

Well Luth it looks like I need to go climb that tree and get some gear! Let me know if no one tries for it!
Old 07-25-2002, 01:22 PM
Low Wing
My Feedback: (1)

Default monkey boy

I forgot to mention, it is a very tall tree...BH
Old 07-25-2002, 01:24 PM
Billy Hell

Default Bird In The Tree

hmmmm, I bet if I got it out he would want it back. Tell him to call a tree trimming company. They can get it with their cherry picker.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:12 AM
Lumberjack

Default crashed

hey... Billy Hell, i haved crashed, i will crash again but not right now,,,,,,,,,
Old 08-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Lee Belew

Default Crashing in a tree

I heard this story on the radio while listening to Paul Harvey Maybe 25 yrs ago.
Some friends of Paul's were flying and and one of the gentleman crashed his plane in the top of a very large tree. It was a large plane however a ground search did not reveal the location of the plane. The tree was too dense. one of the 4 gentleman looking owned a small plane and 2 of them decided to go look for the plane from the air.
The plane was quickly spotted sitting nicely in the top of the tree. the 2 men went back to the flying site and another ground search did not turn up the location of the plane in the tree. The two men and the plane made another air search. This time they decided to mark the tree's location. They aquired 3 30lbs lime bags to drop and mark the tree. Another ground search was then made. The tree and the plane were located however one of the lime bags had gone through the center of the fuselage and wing. However the plane was now down. and that is that story.

Lee