Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

AVIASTAR CRASH

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

AVIASTAR CRASH

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 12:12 PM
p-51 killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVIASTAR CRASH

LAST WEEKEND I WAS FLYING MY AVISTAR. I JUST LEARNED HOW TO LAND THE PLANE. WELL I GOT TO THE FIELD BEFORE MY INSTRUCTOR AND STARTED FLYING. IT WAS THE FIRST TIME HE WASN'T STANDING NEXT TO ME. I WAS ALL ALONE. AFTER MY SECOND FLIGHT I LOST MY RADIO SIGNAL AND THE PLANE TOOK A DIVE FOR THE DIRT. I GOT LUCKY AND I GOT MY SIGNAL BACK AND PULLED OUT OF IT. WELL ON MY THRID FLIGHT MY INSTRUCTED HAD SHOWED UP. I STARTED TO GET A LITTLE TO BRAVE AND TRIED TO FLY INVERTED ABOUT 20 FEET OFF THE GROUND. WELL INSTEAD OF USING THE ELEVATOR I GOT THE DUMB THUMBS AND PREESED OF THE THROTTLE INSTEAD. THE PLANE HIT THE GROUND HARD, UPSIDE DOWN. IT WASN'T A TOTAL DISASTER. I WAS ABLE TO REPAIR THE PLANE AND NOW I AM JUST WAITING FOR THE WEEKEND TO FLY AGAIN.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Knighthawk2100

Default RE: AVIASTAR CRASH

You fly your avistar inverted 20 feet of the ground???? I don't think it was dumb thumbs I think it was dumb something else LOL[&:] Atleast you could repair it. Congrats on learnign to fly. Now for the hard part. Figuring out how to buy all those shiny new planes.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:39 AM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Upside down @ 20', & you just soloed!! You are brave enough for sure, -- eventually you may be bright enough as well. 'Course it doesn't matter if you have lots of $$. I suspect that you are embarking on a highly eventfull RC career. [X(] Have fun.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:16 PM
Jimmbbo

Well, you got your first crash out of the way early!!

If you ain't crashing, you ain't pushing the envelope - Mantra of RC - "I buy 'em, I build 'em, I crash 'em!"

Cheers!

Jim