Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Great Day Yesterday until...

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Great Day Yesterday until...

Old 08-29-2004, 04:30 PM
manks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Day Yesterday until...

I actually got out yesterday, 1st real day for me this year. I am learning and on the buddy box, I did a total of 9 flights on my PT 40, landing 6 times. After my landings I got cocky, and wanted to try my first touch an go. I was coming in a bit too hot, and the end of the runway with 4 foot grass was getting close, I went to full power, waited a second or two to gain some airspeed, and gave some elevator. Too little too late, she caught the top of the grass with the gear and went in. No visiable damage, refueled and was ready to do my first take off.

Down the runway, picking up speed, rotate, and snap she cartwheeled in. After inspecting the plane we noticed the the backside of the rudder control horn was gone. The rudder was uncontrolled and it caused a hard right roll.

Dammage to the Elevator, Horizontal Stab, Aleron torn off, Fire wall split, some dammage to the nose and the internal fuse got banged up a bit.

She will be fixed once the Epoxy dries.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:09 PM
âûñøåå îäíî

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Day Yesterday until...

you needed to look better.....