Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Need another SS 40.....

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Need another SS 40.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 03:15 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need another SS 40.....

Well it finally happened. I had just put a new engine on my WM SS 40, a .46 FX I had on another plane that was awaiting major parts. Flew yesterday, much more power, lots of vertical, noticablly faster. Lots of fun. Was flying today, first flight of the day, and about 4 minutes in I flew right in front of the sun at about 3/4 throttle. Next time I saw the plane it was heading nose down twoards the deck, I think, because I was still seeing spots. I yanked and banked, figured I had a 50/50 chance of pulling the right way. No luck. It hit nose down, nearly full throttle, destroyed engine, destroyed plane, at least receiver and most of the servos seem OK. Man. And of course the LHS is all out of them, I'll probablly have to get a SS 40s, with the cowl and the new strange canopy.

Sorry no pics, wasn't very much left anyway. At least I dug a nice divot in the asphalt runway, and did receive several compliments on the absolutely spectacular way in which I crashed.

Anybody know if the WM T-34 flies the same?

Andy
Old 10-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Fletch124
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need another SS 40.....

wow i;m sorry that really sucks. I fly a WM T-34 and its an awesome airplane really no flaws at all. with a 46AX its a rocket(i know cause our club has T-34 races) But i don't know how it flys to the SS 40, I know it has the same exact wing as the T-34.