Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

1st crash stupid nexstar gear

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

1st crash stupid nexstar gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 09:06 PM
BigNick73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st crash stupid nexstar gear

got my first crash in if u wanna call it that. could of been pilot error but i think the nexstar landing gear had alot to do with it as well. ive noticed that even though i've ground on em and got em to fit well they still seem to come out every once in a while when i pick the plane up or putting it in my truck or whatever. anyway was a semi hard landing no worse than the previous ones it has survived and stayed on its wheels but this time one of the gear came out and it flipped tearing the wing off and bending the gear that stayed in. think im gonna either remove em and mount normal style gear on it or run a screw down through each hole so i know they wont come out. my fix on the horizontal stab is a little ghetto lookin but i figure its a trainer and will probly get cracked up again. thinkin about trowin some packing tape on it and flying tommorow since all but the gear is fixed now minus covering and waiting for epoxy to dry. -Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60003.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	190551   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw70869.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	190552   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kq35725.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	190553  
Old 11-07-2004, 08:02 PM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: 1st crash stupid nexstar gear

I had the smae problem with the landing gear on my nexstar and i know a lot of other people have had the same problems with it also. I also made a quick fix so i could get back in the air as soon as i could, all i did was psh some scrap balsa into the slot in the side of the fuse as i pushed the gear bak in. this seems to push the gear up and makes the pins lock into place. i have had them balsa pieces in place for about 7 month and have not had a single problem since
Old 11-08-2004, 11:30 AM
BigNick73

i ended up just cutting the light balsa back shooting a couple of self tapping screws into the gear and the CAing the balsa back on. I know its not going anywhere now.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:33 PM
kf6gub
My Feedback: (1)

Had the same problem with Nextar. I epoxied the landing gear in/on the plane. Bad design. Jim
Old 01-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Murdoc

is the nexstars landing gear a well known problem?
i use to put a thinn layer of epoxy on the landing gear, that seems to work quite well!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:33 PM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

Yes it is a problem with the nexstar and hobbico told me that in an email when i complained about it. send it back and get them to replace it, after all the nexstar is not an inexpensive trainer and if hobbico know of the problem they should try to rectify the problem