Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

not my avistar.

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

not my avistar.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:10 PM
nitrobasher
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not my avistar.

*sigh* I cant look at the plane without a shivver going down my back, maybe I shoulda listned to my instincts before i came to the field, heres the story

After I woke up I went to practice G2 for a little bit, just to warm up before going to the field. I could not land once and i kept getting mixed up. I thought nothing of it jsut that it was to early. Then when i get to the field, my prop gets messed up and spinner is lose so Ive got some people helping me, again no big deal.
After we get all the problems fixed i start er up and shes runnin fine, so I pick her up to bring to the runway and my antenna gets caught up in the prop snaped it into 2 pieces. After sitting around i realise I have another spare antenna at home, call up my mom she brings it up.

Finnaly I get it going on the runway everythings good. I take off no problem, after doing some circuits and everything i decide its time to come in for a land. (theres a soccer field on the other side of our flying field and there was a soccer game going on.) A kid from the soccer field wonders on over here not thinkin of the planes passing over head, walk right into the runway so i made one last go around. when the plane was going away from me i looked to see if the kid was off the runway, (bad mistake) when i look up i dont know what my plane is doing, I didnt know if it was upside down, coming towards or going away from me. so i panicked pulled down on the elevator, next thing i knew the plane was diving rapidly, went threw some trees and then BAM, The plane was completly demolished, only half of the wing is there, the other have is splinters, the front of the fuse is broke off, and the back... well, there is no back.

Mayb the RC Gods were trying to tell me something with all the stuff before flight. O well,
I dont know if I am going to get another plane, I probably will its just that was my first crash, and i thought i had masterd the trainer, I guess not. and mayb this hobby isnt for kids without money. [&o]
Old 11-13-2004, 07:05 PM
crashnburn69
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: not my avistar.

same here tought i masted the trainer got a good sport plane and you know the rest of the story. i was the same way though back when i was 14, 15. not a very good hobby with out any money. i remember i used to save up for mounths for a new plane. now that i am 17 and have a job all my money gos to a new plane or something of that sort.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:50 PM
flash over

Well you learned a valuable lesson.Did you pick up all the pieces,usually most of the radio and the engine (the most expensive parts) are still usable.If so check at your field someone may have a used intermediate or trainer plane to sell you,also check the hobby shops for used planes for sale.I live in St.Charles Mo. and Mark Twain Hobby always has used planes for sale.They are located off highway 70 west of highway 94.I'm sure I saw a used trainer for sale there yesterday,don't remember the price though.Also I believe they are on consignment so you may be able to talk the owner down.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:40 PM
nitrobasher
My Feedback: (2)

yea, all the servos and engine work still. But Ive had so much time on a trainer i really think i can take the next step but im thinkin I would be scared. I was also thinkin that mayb a bigger plane would help that. like the four star 60.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Sukhoi_Madness

To bad Dude...

I am at about the same stage as you, only minus the crash [8D], with my Eagle 2...

I was thinking of building a 4 Star 40 or 60 kit as my next plane too...

I think when you have out grown your trainer you should change to a low wing, I am finding that I am asking my triner to do things which it should not...

Good Luck...

Matt
Old 11-14-2004, 02:23 PM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

ORIGINAL: flytillIdie

same here tought i masted the trainer got a good sport plane and you know the rest of the story. i was the same way though back when i was 14, 15. not a very good hobby with out any money. i remember i used to save up for mounths for a new plane. now that i am 17 and have a job all my money gos to a new plane or something of that sort.
Thats funny...... me too, and I'm 29!

Sounds like the powers that be were trying to tell you something.... relax - take your time!
Old 11-15-2004, 11:30 AM
flash over

If you want to build an intermediate I say go for it,I'm doing the same right now, just look for something that says in the literature that it's for an intermediate, then do some research on the forum on it.Then when it's ready to fly,have one of your club members fly you on the trainer cord for the first few flights,or at least have them close by if you get into trouble.This is what I plan on doing.

As for the money issues try justifing the need for a new plane to a wife.