Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

expensive plane crash on second flight.

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

expensive plane crash on second flight.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 03:45 PM
Low Wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Red

Dudester there is the freak that followed my post with that---I don't know---call it paranoia---Insinuation---Hey' I'm sorry' but I will defend myself against side-ways innuendo's like that---Ya hear that dud-ster
Old 09-26-2002, 12:27 AM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Default expensive plane crash on second flight.

who me? If so im just trying to this forum back into shape. like i said , this is a crash forum. If i offended you- im sorry. But please lets keep this forum straight.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:30 AM
Low Wing

Default Did ya see the smiley face's

You have not offended me at all...Believe me...These posts are hard to interpret at time's...See at first I thought you were just throwing in with the jazz...Now I'm thinking your serious...I was only giving that guy grief for following my post with that pic(the gay thing)...You know driving the male stake in the ground "you talking to me buddy" But' I would advise for the sake of continuity, that ya refrain from dictating the conversation out here, it tends to move all over the spectrum...I don't all-ways agree, But it's what make's us different and in my opinion this forum interesting...Peace-Out

Low Wing
Old 09-26-2002, 01:35 AM
A4HawkPilot
My Feedback: (3)

Default Uhm yeah

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to convert my Great Planes F-15 into a biplane tail dragger?? I would also like to paint it with krylon over the monokote when its done. :stupid:
Old 09-26-2002, 01:51 AM
Dago Red

I totaly agree about him showing that picture of gay thing--lol--i like that --thats a good one. No need for him ,he has nothing to do with planes. I was being serious about that but mainly at the other guy ya know- that pic is crude and uncalled for--by the way how did he get that pic, and why does he have it? maybe for a good come back??? which its not!!!
Old 09-26-2002, 02:03 AM
Low Wing

Default Trouble maker

Dago Red...I don't think that guy is one of us...Just a trouble maker who surfs around the web sites trying to "who knows what"...You noticed he hasn't replied to our posts...He is gone somewhere else to act stupid...later
Old 09-26-2002, 02:10 AM
Dago Red

you got a major point--- that guy will end up pushing the wrong button --and thatll be the one that hurts him-- I hope he dosnt come back. it would be best, i think he has got on many peoples nerves.
Old 09-26-2002, 07:56 PM
Dago Red

Naw,hes to smart for you.
as for me???????? Im only 17 so thats differ.
Old 09-27-2002, 03:48 AM
HighSierra
My Feedback: (2)

Default And I was really trying to not respond to this one....but...

this is ridiculous......I think some kids need a time-out
Old 09-27-2002, 04:26 AM
Seth
My Feedback: (12)

woe everybody, aren't you suppose to be angry with me?
Lol.
Seth
Old 09-27-2002, 07:48 AM
hawkpilot
My Feedback: (7)

This thread has lost its course, stick to the subject. If you must argue, please do it privately, not in this forum.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:14 AM
Blackie

I really don't care if my post was removed as it was all in fun and yes off topic, but I don't believe the moderator is looking at the big picture here. hawkpilot, you need to look at what prompted my "nuked statement" go back and take a look at post #174 then tell me if you feel it should remain in this thread.

I generally am a well mannered person and have yet to have one of my post removed but I understand the reason behind the removal. I might be over reacting here but whats fair is fair.
I'm somewhat offended that you chose to remove parts of the none related post and not the whole thing.

Randy
Old 09-27-2002, 12:02 PM
Low Wing

Default Is It Nuked Yet

I knew it was just a matter of time before my post--- that was also in regard to (174) would be burned off this thread...I just hope WV, got to read it first...But' why did Blackie's post's get nuked...Anyway, who care's if threads get off the road a bit...This is the real world boy's...I love how you guy's jump people for taking issue with comments or innuendo's, while I'm sure you have done the same out here over something that has irked you...Chill out big Daddy..."Ain't a thing ain't chicken wing"

Low(big baby)Wing :cry:
Old 09-29-2002, 09:18 PM
hawkpilot
My Feedback: (7)

Blackie, I am not the one who nuked your post, I nuked the other 2 because they were reported to me. I will remove the picture. I didnt mean to offend you, just doing what I am supposed to.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:49 PM
cap10b

Default RE: expensive plane crash on second flight.

Hang in there Seth, sometimes its a rough sport.
I too had a crash recently and had double, triple, quadruple check everything , babied and nursed the plane around for a dozen flights and finally felt comfortable to blow the doors off and I'll be dang if I loose elevators on the down side of a spit ess. After all that....
Why...and I too was going to compete in the local IMAC event. And I also fly PCM, never ever had a problem Airtronics Vision 8SP.
Hightech 9425 and 45 digitals, Sachs/Dolmar 3.2. But alas its a pile of sticks now.

After all the carping and harping found out that a brand new factory made 6 volt NiMh 2700 MAH pack had a bad strap that popped loose from the spot weld and that caused a voltage drop that didn't shut things down but just dropped off some servos, like the elevators. Well live and learn. Nothing could have foreseen that., Radio was rock solid all the way till Impact.....lol.....

Ive been out of the sport for a while and just recently got back in. One of the things I really need to do is upgrade my radio's my battery management systems and all my paraphernalia that goes with it. If I had my $150.00 new battery cycler a week earlier I would have caught that bad strap instead of trying to cycle them by hand in the evenings. And my beautiful Laser would still be here.
But that ain't the way it happened. Hang in there Seth this is a hobby for the long haul. Wait till you wreck a $10,000.00 plane in front of 10,000 spectators for the world championships then you can really cry in your beer.

It ain't over till the phatt lady sings, and she ain't even in the building yet.

JDS
Old 11-06-2003, 01:10 PM
ksechler

Seth,

Sounds to me like it's time to get a job. I really am sorry about you loosing your plane, but frankly that's the price of admission into the hobby. I've crashed a lot of planes in my time and that's part of the reason I don't have anything quite as elaborate as you did. You should read Futaba's waranty. They probably state pretty clearly that they aren't responsible for damage to planes or engines in the event of radio failure.

I don't think it was Futaba's fault anyway. It sounds to me like you got shot down (sombody turned on a tx on your channel). Either way, it isn't their responsibility to pay for your plane.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:26 AM
hnesitd1

Default RE: Might be time...

I was watching home movies the other night of a CSI (crash-scene-investigation). One of the members of the club had built a 10' Lear jet. On its maiden flight the consensus was that it developed flutter on the ailerons - ripped them right off and you can imagine the result. Misery loves company, eh?
Old 11-07-2003, 12:50 PM
avngr1

Who wrote that poem? I'd like to read the rest.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:54 PM
avngr1

I ve been out of the hobby for quite a while. The club I used to belong to had a holding box for transmitters. You could only take out the transmitter out when you had the pin. If you shoot someone down you pay for it. It prevented stupid mistakes.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:50 AM
Mhale71

Default RE: Might be time...

whether it is or it isnt his fault we kinda need to feel sorry for him, hes only a year older then i am so were basically the same age, i know what its like to crash, very tence, but sorry man, if u think its futaba then you should get them to pay for it, 700 is a lot of money , so thats what.. 1200 over here

(about the crash pics)
**** man, aww dear