Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Uproar no more

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Uproar no more

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 09:47 AM
JDBuddy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uproar no more

Here is what is left of my Uproar .40. This was my second plane and my first build. I was turning for an upwind run across the field when the plane jumped up and then went straight into the ground. It looks like my elevator clevice came off of the control horn. It is hard to tell from what is left of the plane. I had a piece of fuel tubing holding it closed, but it's gone.

The plane hit so hard that the remote needle valve broke and the fuel tank was busted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46618.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	202792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85741.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	202793   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49809.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	202794  
Old 12-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Uproar no more

Yowza! Sorry for your loss. My first crash was an auger job, 75 MPH spinning straight in. Engine was buried 4" in semi-frozen ground.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:28 AM
Sukhoi_Madness

Fix it? One wing and most of the Fuse look kinda O.K.

[]

Matt
Old 03-28-2008, 08:29 PM
kwg

Bummer. I belly flopped an uproar on asphalt full throttle after I lost radio contact. It's the first crash I had where I lost everything. . . . . . . .sniff. In hindsight it was one of the coolest thing I have ever seen.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:09 PM
vertigo72480

I used to routinely do full throttle touch and go's with my Uproar 40. Upgraded the landing gear mount to a 1/4 inch aircraft grade ply and the landing gear to a aluminum strap. The guys at the field used to call it the slap and go. Oddly enough, I lost the plane in a streamer combat when a fellow pilot flew through my left wing. Tore the outer part of the wing off in front of the aileron and I was able to keep the plane flat and float down to the ground. I might get another one. They're cheap and a lot of fun.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:00 AM
kwg

I had an uproar with a 46fx. I dove from about 500 feet, when all you can see is a speck. I waited till it was about 25 ft from the ground and pulled up so hard the bottom inspection cover was pushed off by the weight of the battery. I had no control as all the connected radio equipment started to follow the battery on it's way out of the plane. I belly flopped onto pavement at a ~30 degree angle still full throttle. Yeah, I carried the plane away in a trash bag. I lost everything, clevises, wheel collars, control horns, servos.... It dug out a nice groove in the pavement. I thought the engine was fine because I could still hear it a couple of seconds after all the toothpick pieces came to rest. That is until I heard the obnoxious popping sound of the airplane disintegrating.

I was flying in a parking lot next to a road when it happened. I know..oops. When I lost radio control I was praying it would crash before it crossed the road. It did, right before it. It didn't stop a ton of parts from cartwheeling across the intersection. I now fly only at designated flying fields.