Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Plane crashed (DUH)

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Plane crashed (DUH)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 01:20 PM
mikegrant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plane crashed (DUH)

I was at my local park, nice day, suns shining and theres no wind. so i went out and flew my plane. i was flying it around nicely landed it couple of times then it happened, i was flying and the wind blew it, as it's only a light plane so the win blew the wing over, it flew straight at me and all i could do was nothing. the wind stop so i tried to yank it left. Thank god it worked, injurys avoided.

Foolish me didn't look where the plane was goin. I heard this crack and i looked round and i saw my plane fliping over, a tear straight down the middle of the wing. it came to a stop, the wing was in half. I picked it up, turned the electrics of and ran home, a 2 minute run. i came home and my dad had been using the glue gun last night, i heated it up and stuck the wing back toghether. So not a total write off. Probably the most boring crash ever, but my first.

Sorry bout no pics.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Silvanskii
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Plane crashed (DUH)

Well we all got to start somewhere man. You faired better than my first crash , and my last one for that matter...
Old 02-18-2005, 02:19 PM
mikegrant

i was just wondering, the wings are made outta foam and the crack is obvious and it looks kinda dodgy with the glue holding it toghether and i was just wondering if there is any way of hiding the damage or re covering the wing.

Any help much appreciated
Thanx
Old 02-18-2005, 07:17 PM
E-Mo
My Feedback: (12)

did you just glue it, or did you use tooth picks/skewers
to help strengthen it up?
Old 02-19-2005, 03:25 PM
mikegrant

just straight glue. nothing to strengthen it. i was in kinda a hurry 2 fix it though. guess i shud of put stuff in it to strengthen it. but does any know how i can hide the glue marks and everything because it looks a bit tacky