Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Fool on the field

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Fool on the field

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Skidmarx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fool on the field

Hi woops, pfine is probably still trying to interpret all the jargon in the previous posts. As UKWes and I reported in the earlier days of this string, our UK governing body effectively forbids situations which would lead to overflying of live transmitters, regardless of frequencies, angle of antennae (nicadflyer - do you always hold your Tx truly vertical?) etc. This simple rule completely eliminates the risk of crashes for reasons of interference from overflying at a stroke and causes no hardship to anyone either - so why waste brain power wondering what happens if you overfly and what the consequences might be etc. etc. Some rules are better not bent. Incidentally, if we want to earn or keep our BMFA flying certificate and insurance, we better follow the rule.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:03 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Skidmarx,
As evidenced throughout this thread, there is plenty of reasons based on very limited information that Pfine and the other guy are both fools on the field. The only thing that is missing is fact. If Pfine was still reading this thread he would have the decency to post detailed facts. Now that I have written this he will probably post to prove me wrong. GOOD! Then we might get some facts. If not then I don't believe that it happened and that he is a fool to post this thread in the first place
Old 04-11-2005, 05:40 PM
AGR413
My Feedback: (1)

I agree that it was prob interference, I have experienced interferenc many times and I had a similar incident, although I saved the plane and fellow it was going to hit because of the interference. It more commonly happens when pilots are grouped up, you fly by that group and take a hit every time. I know this because I began in this hobby flying only electrics the proximity they are operated to eachother is often less than glow or gas. I have seen it on the slope and the flying field don't kid yourselves I don't, not anymore.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:57 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

columbo stated that the plane had a gas engine.

is it possible, that the guy on the ground's radio, caused some type of electrical noise in the ignition, that in turn, caused a glitch in the crashed plane's radio?
Old 04-11-2005, 08:37 PM
50%plane

If Pfine were here to tell us we might know.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:17 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: woops

Skidmarx,
As evidenced throughout this thread, there is plenty of reasons based on very limited information that Pfine and the other guy are both fools on the field. The only thing that is missing is fact. If Pfine was still reading this thread he would have the decency to post detailed facts. Now that I have written this he will probably post to prove me wrong. GOOD! Then we might get some facts. If not then I don't believe that it happened and that he is a fool to post this thread in the first place
You guys are brilliant. He hasn't logged on since his initial post and with people slamming him the way they have I'd be surprised if he posted to this thread after he does log on.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:28 AM
CHIPINWV

Hello,

It might be possible to generate interferance if one of you is using an older tx or rx ( wideband) , but if both are of the newer type,,,just wont happen....Sorry about the beautiful plane.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:49 AM
50%plane

CHIPINWV,
Only Pfine could tell us, but it seems that he just made up the story.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:05 AM
RC-Captain

I believe, he believes, what he thought caused the accident.

One day I was flying and my trainer went bezerk. I could have sworn someone shot me down . But long story short , low batteries was the cause of the crash.

Old 04-12-2005, 08:18 AM
50%plane

Pfine Where Are You?
Old 04-12-2005, 11:31 PM
max cook

beauteful plane, what was it? an L-4 grasshopper?
Old 04-13-2005, 12:07 AM
boom3

Not much need to continue this conversation. Sounds like woops has it all figured out... There is absolutely no possible chance of radio interference, ever, and Pfine appearantly just makes stuff up.

Thanks woops for clearing that up for everyone!

Hey I'm with ya on the flat earth thing too! Keep up the good work!

Old 04-13-2005, 06:02 AM
50%plane

Boom3,
I did not say that there isn't a chance for interference ever. I just stated that we don't know what frequency and channel Pfine was on and ditto for the other guy. Was his radio gold stickered? Was the other guy's? Where did this happen? Has he fixed or is he fixing his plane? Why did he fly a low pass over a guy walking out to get his plane? Should he be kicked out of the AMA for unsafe conduct? Should the other guy? Was band was he on? What was the other guy on? What radio did he use? What radio did the other guy use? All that we know is that He stupidly flew a low pass oker a guy trying to retrieve his plane. He experienced what he thinks was interference, and post this thread. He doesn't bother to post in this thread again. What else am I suppose to think? The other guy changed frequencys to crash Pfines plane because he flew a low pass over him? Accidents happen, but If Pfine doesn't post, then we will continue to speculate and distort what little facts that we have. Pfine, Please post.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:09 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Woops, you know what happens when you ASSume? You are the one doing all the speculation and you are forgetting what we do know. Pfine said he was doing a SLOW pass not a LOW one. You are also carrying on about why he doesn't reply when he hasn't even logged onto RCU since the original post, give that a rest. How old are you anyway?
Old 04-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Mokken
My Feedback: (63)

Oh the drama!!!!

Nice Plane though.....
Old 04-14-2005, 04:04 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no one want to jump on the ignition noise theory, huh?

i wouldn't be so critical of pfine. like he said, a slow pass. i've been to flyins that were too chaotic for me. actually dangerous. i won't be going back.
i have also personaly watched people walk on the field without saying a word. our club has a PA system- kind of like an airtraffic control tower thing. works real nice.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:40 PM
50%plane

Basinbum,
I don't know how you know that Pfine hasn't logged in since initial post, but shouldn't we all have the decency to not speculate? When I realized that he hadn't posted since the beginning of this thread,I decided that he was probably just throwing a pitty party. If I lost a plane that I really cared about, I just might do the same thing. While it is tragic that he lost his plane, it is extremely stupid to fly a SLOW pass over somebody walking to retrieve their plane. It is even more stupid to walk out on the runway during a meet of any kind without permission from the authorities, but we don't know if that is what happened. We really don't know many of the circumstances surroundingthe crash. But for this thread to continue the way it has, we all must be stupid. In any case, we should wait for Pfine to post to see if we should continue to disect the cause of the crash of this beautiful plane.

Have a nice day.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:39 PM
twistr
My Feedback: (4)

Woops:

Click on anyone's name and it will tell you their stats / last time logged in / online or not / number of posts / recent posts....
Old 04-15-2005, 06:05 AM
50%plane

Thanks twistr. I'm not much of a computer person, but thats just cool!
Old 04-17-2005, 09:04 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a personal experience that may relate to this. Some time ago, my airplane died just as I got it out to the flight line. I left it, receiver on, and kept my transmitter on and walked back to my pits to get my glo starter. I was approx. 75 to 100 feet away from the plane, with my antenna down to one segment (I'm clumsy and don't want to bend it!) I looked at my airplane as I was walking back adn noticed that the control surfaces were twitching. My plane was sitting less than 10 feet away from another flier. As I got closer, the twitching stopped. I didn't try and extend my antenna, but I suppose with enough range, it could be possible that soem glitching could occur. Granted, my plane was on teh ground and the antenna was prtially collapsed, neither of which contributes to overwhelming signal strengts. But I really wasn't that far away.

Andy
Old 04-17-2005, 09:20 PM
RC-Captain

I have a personal experience that may relate to this. Some time ago, my airplane died just as I got it out to the flight line. I left it, receiver on, and kept my transmitter on and walked back to my pits to get my glo starter. I was approx. 75 to 100 feet away from the plane, with my antenna down to one segment (I'm clumsy and don't want to bend it!) I looked at my airplane as I was walking back adn noticed that the control surfaces were twitching. My plane was sitting less than 10 feet away from another flier. As I got closer, the twitching stopped. I didn't try and extend my antenna, but I suppose with enough range, it could be possible that soem glitching could occur. Granted, my plane was on teh ground and the antenna was prtially collapsed, neither of which contributes to overwhelming signal strengts. But I really wasn't that far away.

Andy
Did you fly your plane with the antenna up at only one segment ?
Old 04-17-2005, 09:28 PM
twistr

Andy: Twitching like that is common when your receiver isn't hearing anything from your TX. Thus how it stopped when you approached the plane. It probably wouldn't have twichted at all if you would have kept the antennae up all the way.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:53 AM
50%plane

Yesterday at the flying field, a guy set his plane down into a field. When he found it the engine was still running. The moral of this story: always leav your tx on while retrieving your plane. Even if it crashed HARD. You never know what is happening.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:05 AM
twistr

ORIGINAL: woops

Yesterday at the flying field, a guy set his plane down into a field. When he found it the engine was still running. The moral of this story: always leav your tx on while retrieving your plane. Even if it crashed HARD. You never know what is happening.
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm..........
Old 04-18-2005, 11:38 AM
dixielandsbigal

no comment on the general discussion, but i dont think i would have put a cheap reciever in a BEAUTY like that. wow. nice build!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.